Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2018 1:34:10 PM EDT
I was going to ask this on the CMP forum, but my account there is too new for me to post.   Has anyone ordered a M1 from the CMP within say the start of 2018 until now?  If so, what kind of wait time did you experience?  I mailed off the application along with the required documents about a month ago, give or take.  I have not heard a peep from anyone at the CMP.  I've ordered rifles and other items from them before, but that's been years ago.

Between this an 1911's, this could be worse than NFA waits, or maybe not.  
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
According to the CMP forums, 1 to 2 months.

You're welcome!

On the CMP forums, go to M1 Garand, New Order Timeline (which is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum)
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What does does it say when you log in and check your order status?  Ordered a special in December and had it inside 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Minimum of just over a month to get an order acknowledgement via email. After that, a week or two for a FG or sniper, 2-3 months for a SG.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to the CMP forums, 1 to 2 months.

You're welcome!

On the CMP forums, go to M1 Garand, New Order Timeline (which is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum)
View Quote
Found the sticky.  Exactly what I was looking for.  Don't know how I missed it.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a SG which was a four week lead time . I ordered the SG so I didn't get the ugliest stock I have ever seen, the dreaded Hackenberry. I will take a CMP stock over that piece of shit any day.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a service grade too.  The others I have I believe were field grades.  I replaced the stock on one of them, but still have the one that came with it.  The Springfield shoots pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was going to ask this on the CMP forum, but my account there is too new for me to post.  
View Quote
Good luck with that.  I created an account in December and still can't post.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thread needs pics to hold OP over.....Here’s my service grade from CMP received back in September ....
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
took a few days short of a month from application packet arriving at CMP to Rifle arriving at my FFL for my SA Field Grade. Took it to the range today for the first time and now realize I better learn how to reload or I am going to go broke buying ammo. This is my new favorite rifle, feels amazing to shoot. runs smooth as silk, 60 rounds thru it no problems at all.

Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking good and congratulations!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Got all of my M1s years ago, back when a "Service Grade" was really a Service Grade, not an overpriced Racker.

No waiting back then either ...
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Nobody I know who shoots an M1 regularly uses factory ammo. They all reload. Only way to make it affordable. My reloads run about 35 cents a shot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nobody I know who shoots an M1 regularly uses factory ammo. They all reload. Only way to make it affordable. My reloads run about 35 cents a shot.
View Quote
Yeah, but you gotta get an initial supply of brass.  Might as well buy some surplus, shoot it, then reload the brass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the replies and for posting all the pictures.  An update:

I found the Post Office receipt where I mailed the order.  I mailed the order for a Service Grade International Harvester on 3/12/18.  I didn't hear a peep from the CMP until I noticed my credit card had been charged, about 4/13/18.  The FedEx lady showed up at my door yesterday, 4/17/18, with rifle in hand.  So in my case, just over a month.  It came with the CMP stock which is much nicer than the previous rifles I bought which had used GI stocks.  I replaced a stock on one of the Springfields, and will probably order a new CMP stock for the Winchester.  A quick once over shows an IHC receiver and bolt, and LMR barrel.  Rifle was made around 4-54 based on serial number and dates on the barrel.

I'm assuming the CMP does a pretty thorough job of inspecting the rifles prior to shipping them out.  Do you all change anything prior to shooting them, such as replacing the Op Rod spring for a new one?

I'll take some pictures sometime in the next few days and try and share.  I just need to find a new image hosting service.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Good to know.  Mailed mine 3/13, and haven’t heard a peep.  No email, nothing in e store, card not billed.  . Anticipation is killing me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to North Store past weekend, it was empty, I asked what is the current wait time if mail order, was told 2-4 months but I heard folks received theirs around a month.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I mailed an order for a IHC SG on March 10th.  
Rifle received April 16th.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#18]
yes learn to reload..

Plus this will help with the unsafe act due to ammo crap..  Reloading is not part of the unsafe act yet..
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Ordered early March.

45 days from the time I fedexed (3-day) sent them the paperwork until they arrived at my door.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I sent my paperwork in ten days ago. Haven't heard anything as I wait. Logged in and I don't see any pending orders.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I just mailed my order for a field grade today. I think I'll start counting the days.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:23:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Decided to send an email to make sure they received the info packet I sent. Here's hoping they'll give me an estimate of how long it'll be. I'm eager to get my hands on that rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Decided to send an email to make sure they received the info packet I sent. Here's hoping they'll give me an estimate of how long it'll be. I'm eager to get my hands on that rifle.
View Quote
You got a long way to go.  Mailed mine 3/13.  Just showed up yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the going rate for an M1 now?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered a SG about February, I got it in April.  Really nice H&R with new CMP wood.  Best one I have every got, too nice to shoot!
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Field grades are $650 (IHC are $980). Service grades are $750. It goes up from there.

CMP Prices
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Field grades are $650 (IHC are $980). Service grades are $750. It goes up from there.

CMP Prices
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CMP Prices
Yep, this ... exactly.

Pricing is dependent on what particular Grade & Make of M1 you're looking at.

Is it, e.g.,  a S.A. Service Grade? ... Or, an HRA Rack Grade? ... Or, an IHC Field Grade?

Or, a 'Correct Grade' Winchester?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#28]
My order for a Service Grade M1 was received by the CMP 3/16. I just picked it up at FedEx yesterday. The quality of the current batch, from Turkey is what I understand, is nothing like what I got from the Greek returns. I got what the description of they describe as Service Grade, but I believe that the rifle was assembled by the CMP: HRA 5.7 receiver, 8-54 SA barrel, WWII trigger group, shiny gas cylinder and new CMP wood with new stock metal. I'm glad it is not my only M1; however, if I didn't already have an M1 (or three) I would definitely recommend it as it is better than not having an M1. I have decided to strip it down and have the receiver machined for a BM-59 build.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My order for a Service Grade M1 was received by the CMP 3/16. I just picked it up at FedEx yesterday. The quality of the current batch, from Turkey is what I understand, is nothing like what I got from the Greek returns. I got what the description of they describe as Service Grade, but I believe that the rifle was assembled by the CMP: HRA 5.7 receiver, 8-54 SA barrel, WWII trigger group, shiny gas cylinder and new CMP wood with new stock metal. I'm glad it is not my only M1; however, if I didn't already have an M1 (or three) I would definitely recommend it as it is better than not having an M1. I have decided to strip it down and have the receiver machined for a BM-59 build.
View Quote
Sounds like an awesome candidate to send off to Shuff's Parkerizing for conversion to either a Mini-G or a BM-59.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sounds like an awesome candidate to send off to Shuff's Parkerizing for conversion to either a Mini-G or a BM-59.
View Quote
Just ordered the barrel from Sarco last Friday. Once that comes in, off it goes
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I must have gotten lucky then. . My rifle looks almost new.  5.9 million Springfield Armory receiver (1956ish?), NM op rod, HRA bolt, 1956 SA barrel, CMP wood.  Muzzle and throat erosion both at 2+.  I opened the box and my jaw dropped.  Looked like a brand new rifle.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I must have gotten lucky then. . My rifle looks almost new.  5.9 million Springfield Armory receiver (1956ish?), NM op rod, HRA bolt, 1956 SA barrel, CMP wood.  Muzzle and throat erosion both at 2+.  I opened the box and my jaw dropped.  Looked like a brand new rifle.
http://i.imgur.com/kA91czy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MQPDH2a.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oGoNGtO.jpg
View Quote
Very nice rifle! I wouldn't have wanted to part that one out. Looks like you got a nice GC as well. Most are coming shiny, with virtually no finish. That rifle looks more like what was coming out of the Greek returns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Very nice rifle! I wouldn't have wanted to part that one out. Looks like you got a nice GC as well. Most are coming shiny, with virtually no finish. That rifle looks more like what was coming out of the Greek returns.
View Quote
I’m super pleased with it!  It’s my first one.  I was hoping for a WWII serial number, but once I saw how nice it looked, any disappointment faded.  It seriously looks like a brand new rifle.  Haven’t been able to shoot it yet, unfortunately, because the forest service shut down the forest for shooting due to fire danger, and the range I tried to go to yesterday was closed for maintenance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Got my email today. They received my "Identity Thief Deluxe Starter Pack" pack on 4/24/2018 and the order was placed today (5/11/2018). It's marked down as 'processing' at this time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#35]
"Identity thief starter pack" that's hilarious!

They received my packet 4-23-2018,  they placed my order 5-10, received email 5-11 and delivery no later than AM  5-14. Ordered a field grade.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I got my email yesterday also. I don't know when they received my order, but it's currently listed as "processing".

Edit: email from CMP with status listed as "processing" on Friday - 5/11, status listed as "shipped" today - 5/14, with delivery scheduled for tomorrow - 5/15, by noon. So, 15 days from mailing my order to receiving the rifle. Not bad for a field grade.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Identity thief starter pack" that's hilarious!

They received my packet 4-23-2018,  they placed my order 5-10, received email 5-11 and delivery no later than AM  5-14. Ordered a field grade.
View Quote
That's basically what it is, lol! Driver's license, birth cirtificate, I think you have to put your social on there somewhere, plus a few signatures on there for them to practice forging.... Oh yeah, and potentially either a money order or your CC info to get started with.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I logged in and decided to check out the tracking information, more for shits and giggles than anything else. I took a screengrab of a status update email I received and I thought I'd share it. Note the yellow box with purple text, as well as the different things I've pointed out with fedex purple arrows. Let me know what you think.

Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#39]
It would appear that my hunch is correct! It has just been picked up and is to be here tomorrow by 10:30.

I must admit, I did a little dance when I found out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Just took receipt of mine. Well, ok, 45 minutes ago. The tag says muzzle reading of 3 and throat reading of 3+. I assume the lower the number the better. I love it, but I want to hear what you guys think.

Link Posted: 5/15/2018 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks good. Mine was supposed to be here by noon. As far as I can tell, it's still sitting in Memphis, TN, since FEDEX apparently doesn't want to update the tracking information.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Fedex is kind of slow about that kind of thing. Yours will probably get there less than ten minutes before the 'there by' time. Mine got here at 10:26, four minutes before it's due time.

Curious, is this the hackberry stock everyone hates? I don't know much about stocks, but it looks like walnut to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#43]
They've missed the "there by" time by over an hour so far with no updates. Hopefully it'll get here today at least.

I don't think that's the "hackberry" stock everyone talks about, but I'm not sure. It looks pretty good to me.

Edit -- after sitting in Memphis for 16 hours, my rifle finally left there - only 5 hours after it was supposed to be delivered already. Hopefully, it'll actually be here tomorrow. I can't sit at home all week waiting on them so I can sign for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#44]
By what few pictures I saw of stocks being claimed to be the hackberry (or crapberry, by the sound of it), it seems to be a very light colored wood by comparison, often cited as having a poor finish. This stock isn't glassy smooth (nor would I expect it to be) and the most finish it seems to have on it is maybe a bit of stain. Either way, I'm happy with it. A USGI M16 sling works quite well on it, for those curious.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I believe that IS the hackberry stock based on what someone mentioned in my thread. My rifle has one just like it with no hole under the trap door of the stock. I'll eventually replace mine - maybe. I got a good quality barrel and 1942 receiver, so I'm happy overall.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#46]
According to what I could find, THIS is supposed to be a hackberry, and what a hack it is.

If mine is infact a hackberry, I'd say thus far it doesn't deserve the hate hackberry gets.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks similar to my CMP wood, but it's lacking the stamp.  Take off the wood and look for any markings on the inside.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#48]
RHR_12, yours looks almost exactly like my Special Grade.

The only difference I can see is that I got a new barrel and a March '43 serial #.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top