Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2022 9:32:04 AM EDT
I haven't filed for a stamp in a couple years, and of course it's changed again since I did.  I saw the other thread about the fingerprints but I felt like it had run its course. So, I'm asking for help here, Where do I get the electronic fingerprints done so I can send them in to go along with my e file on a trust?  I saw a mention somewhere of UPS? I cant imagine how but...ok.  

Please catch me up and tell me what I don't know.

Scott
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Do them yourself (ink)
Go to your local PD (for electronic)?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh I've done those, many times each.  What I'm asking is how to do the electronic fingerprints so I don't have to send in cards in the mail.  As I understand it the fingerprints can be electronically uploaded to the application for my Form 1 just like uploading my trust.  Should be much faster than sending paper, like back to the old days before fingerprints.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
One way is to purchase the EFT file through National gun trust for $55. They set you up with a local UPS store kiosk to do your fingerprints. Then they email you the EFT file with the proper information on it....easy peasy
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I just called and made an appointment at the UPS store local to me that had the kiosk, it was a half hour drive and took another half hour to get proper scans.
The people working there were great, and even joked around with me when I was getting frustrated that two of my fingers didn't want to scan.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just called and made an appointment at the UPS store local to me that had the kiosk, it was a half hour drive and took another half hour to get proper scans.
The people working there were great, and even joked around with me when I was getting frustrated that two of my fingers didn't want to scan.
View Quote

I couldn't get one of mine to scan either....same with my friend!
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I used this service to convert a FD-258 fingerprint card to the correct format EFT file. Mail him a completed fingerprint card and he has the scanner and software to convert it. He charges $30 for the service and an addition $1.50 if you want your  fingerprint card returned. I used him a couple of weeks ago and once he receives the card he will email you a bill. Once paid he emails your file. I used the EFT file that he sent for a form 1 last week and it past the ATF qualifications with no issues when submitted.....https://www.dc-arms.com/pages/printscan
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I did mine on cards that I was sent by the ATF. I followed capitol armory’s awesome video.

https://youtu.be/bMao0FhnU84
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
One way is to purchase the EFT file through National gun trust for $55. They set you up with a local UPS store kiosk to do your fingerprints. Then they email you the EFT file with the proper information on it....easy peasy
View Quote
This is the way.  You do it once, and you have the file for all future needs.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I used this service to convert a FD-258 fingerprint card to the correct format EFT file. Mail him a completed fingerprint card and he has the scanner and software to convert it. He charges $30 for the service and an addition $1.50 if you want your  fingerprint card returned. I used him a couple of weeks ago and once he receives the card he will email you a bill. Once paid he emails your file. I used the EFT file that he sent for a form 1 last week and it past the ATF qualifications with no issues when submitted.....https://www.dc-arms.com/pages/printscan
View Quote

This is super helpful for me.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here. I mailed my FD258 card on Tuesday. He received it on Thursday and by end of night I had my file. He had great communication throughout the process. I spent around $40 for everthing including shipping. Reach out to Daniel at DC Arms.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top