Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2020 3:08:02 PM EDT
Anyone loading these for a 9mm? Hornady col of 1.10 seems really deep in the case to me. compared to other 9mm.
Any comments?
Loading on a Dillon 550B, dillon dies, that I am just setting up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I reload 147 Berry’s, X-treme and Zero JHP to 1.160” with great results.  Start there and see how they function in your carbine.  FWIT, I load those bullets over 3.5gr of Titegroup.  They are very quiet and accurate being shot of a short barrel and suppressor combo.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I reload 147 Berry’s, X-treme and Zero JHP to 1.160” with great results.  Start there and see how they function in your carbine.  FWIT, I load those bullets over 3.5gr of Titegroup.  They are very quiet and accurate being shot of a short barrel and suppressor combo.
View Quote

Thanks I will be shooting them in a 8.5" carbine with a Octane 45 suppressor. with Tightgroup.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
At the recommended seating the case is just shy of where the bullet starts to descend to the ogive.
they look quite a bit shorter than other 9mm, when seated at recommended length.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If you load them long you may have issues with the bullet ogive/shoulder hitting the throat in the chamber. It really is going to depend on what gun you are shooting them  in.  Something like a Gen5 Glock or CZ with a short throat is going to require shorter length than a generous subgun chamber.

Link Posted: 8/14/2020 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OAL is firearm specific, see what firearm was used to develop the data.

Make a dummy round, no primer or powder, and check the OAL you want to load for feeding and extraction.

That's how you figure out OAL in semi auto pistols.
View Quote

Yep, dry nailed it.

For my M&P's and 147gr Blue Bullets, I have to be at 1.08".  Similar to what my friends load for their CZ's.  I only load to 3.2gr of Titegroup, so I'm at the lowest recommended powder charge for 147gr bullets.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Another fan of AA-7 with the 147 xtp. Extremely accurate.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top