Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Man I've never seen the 68s with cannelure.. interesting now I want to try some in my 9 twist gas gun.

I shoot the 68s without cannelure in my 20" 9 twist bolt gun and absolutely love them. Fantastic close range accuracy and enough consistency for the 800 yard steel.  Don't push it much past thay due to wind..
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe everything you said above is correct Molon. But the big unanswered question is why?

Here are some of the why's:

Why did Hornady design a whole new 68 grain HPBT??

Why didn't they just roll a crimping grove on the original 68 grain, like they did on the 75 grain??

Why is Hornady keeping it a secret, since it is available to reloaders, and not just ammo makers??

Why not have load data just for it??

Why not have seperate BC data just for it??

And why has the fact that there are 2 totally different 68 grain Hornady HPBT bullets (totally different, and not that one just has a cannelure) for a number of years, has escaped the notice of almost everybody.... (Except you Molon, of course)
View Quote

I agree with you on all of this.
Why make two different 68 gr hpbt bullets?
Why do they not include data for this bullet that they make, in the manual they make?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why make two different 68 gr hpbt bullets?
View Quote

Why make three different 75 grain BTHP bullets?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top