Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2021 6:18:56 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with Homeland Safes?  

I am in the market for an RSC and want to spend around $2k.  I was leaning toward a bare-bones, non fire-lined 7-gauge steel Sturdy Safe. I came across Homeland Safes,  and, at least on paper, they seem to stack up favorably for about the same money.  7 gauge body, composite door with 7 gauge steel between two layers of 10 gauge, and  fire-lined for $1950.  It's prettier than the Sturdy, too, but I don't really care about that.

They are USA made and seem to have been around for awhile, but I cannot find much information about them.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe this is the same safe company that made one of mine. I bought it in 2008, they were the only company that offered 4 gauge steel and a ceramic blanket at the time in a very large size.

The exterior is nice, but the lock work that I saw when I had to have a locksmith open it (dial had slipped), was a fucking joke. There is a yuuuge gap between the door and the frame. I don't think it would withstand a pry attack at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top