Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2018 7:38:36 PM EDT
Does any one have experience with the German made heavy buffer for the hk91 (or the after market buffer for that matter)

I would like to ease up on the bolt velocity. if it works as well as the H2 buffer for the AR15 it would be worth it but not exactly the same.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a brand new one but I don't have the larger back plate and I don't want to modify the one I have.   That is one thing to consider.
This is the German 2-stage heavy buffer, not the "enhanced" versions available.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought my HK91 almost 30 years ago. I didn't know it at the time, but it came with the factory 2 stage heavy buffer. It is a really nice shooting rifle with very manageable recoil.For years I always wondered why people complained about the HK91 recoil. Right now with older age and a worn out body I am going to put one of the padded HK21 butt pads on it to soften it further.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my heavy buffer, it's a must in the HK-91 or G3 type firearm. I got mine from HK Parts. I think I went with the American made version that was like $60 or something though. The German ones were more expensive. Some may need to be used in certain buttstocks. Or you may have to modify your current stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
These are what I put in my PTR-32P and PTR-K3P SBRs. They work good. I have emailed HKParts about if/when they will get more, but after over a year, and still no "In Stock" notifications.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
#9 or 17 locking pieces will slow the carrier down too.

I've used the heavy two stage in my MM11 and it reduces recoil a good bit. Paired with the locking piece change, recoil was significantly reduced
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
2manytoys
Are there markings to identify the heavy buffer

I bought mine about the same time

Thanks
Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top