Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/14/2018 9:25:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2018 9:29:14 AM EDT by Wildfowler]
I don't know if I should find this amazing or not? I didn't know you could capture bullet flight with a consumer grade thermal?

I thought this was pretty cool, in retrospect I'm glad my buddy's subsonic 22 was not zeroed in at this distance else I may not have even noticed what is visible if you look closely had he connected on the first shot.

I've never tried using a thermal in conjunction with sub sonic 22 before so I don't know if this is normal or not?

I guess I need to try shooting my 9 mm and filming from an half angle similar as this to see if I get the same results because I've never seen the bullet in any of my 9 mm shooter perspective videos.

Anyway I thought this was interesting.

edit: I guess we'll need the video link?

Edit 2: I can't see the bullet on my iPhone in sunlight. You may have to look at this on a real computer but it was visible from my laptop on YouTube. It's even easier to see on the video file that was created from the scope before YouTube compressed it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:42:13 AM EDT
That skunk sure gave him a lot of chances.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:10:22 PM EDT
That's really neat. Thanks for posting. At what FPS rate does the PTS233 record video?
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:14:30 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 35Remington:
That's really neat. Thanks for posting. At what FPS rate does the PTS233 record video?
View Quote
Hell if I know? I guess 60 Hertz?

does anyone know if I "right click" on file properties from windows laptop if this info is identified?

I'll check it if so.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 2:59:42 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wildfowler:
Hell if I know? I guess 60 Hertz?

does anyone know if I "right click" on file properties from windows laptop if this info is identified?

I'll check it if so.

Thanks
View Quote
That's not the frame-per-second rate. That's the viewing rate on the screen. What it can record FPS-wise is completely different. I think my Trail XP50 records at 20fps.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 6:17:59 PM EDT
OK, thanks for the correction. I'm curious now I will try find someway to look up the details of how the video was recorded.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 6:52:00 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
30 frames per sec.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:20:12 PM EDT
Watched bullets zipping downrange w/ my LWTS lots of times. Try 45 ACP if you really want to have a good laugh, it looks like tennis balls flying really, really fast.
Top Top