Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2021 6:16:19 PM EDT
Over on Kota Outfitters website is a bulletin that prices are going up soon. Anyone have any more info on this?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Over on Kota Outfitters website is a bulletin that prices are going up soon. Anyone have any more info on this?
View Quote

I think they were raising prices through out 2020.
L210s was 285 on Midwest armor at the start.
Trex arms was neckbearding through.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm actually surprised plates haven't been more expensive.

This panic has oddly only really driven up the price of guns and ammo. Other stuff like red dots, flashlights, various accessories, and tactical gear like plate carriers and plates, have been pretty comparable to what they were during the salad days.

The various well-known chinese-made red dots are still around $150, Pmags still $15-$20 depending on with or without window, various flashlights pretty much the same price they were before, plates and plate carriers didn't really change.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
2020 has to be in the record books.

I have to say, I’m very impressed that Hesco has produced as much as they have and done so at a pace that wasn’t that far behind the demand. Very impressive. I hope their employees know how grateful so many of their fellow Americans are for their effort. It’s a testament to the American work ethic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm actually surprised plates haven't been more expensive.

This panic has oddly only really driven up the price of guns and ammo. Other stuff like red dots, flashlights, various accessories, and tactical gear like plate carriers and plates, have been pretty comparable to what they were during the salad days.

The various well-known chinese-made red dots are still around $150, Pmags still $15-$20 depending on with or without window, various flashlights pretty much the same price they were before, plates and plate carriers didn't really change.
View Quote

Not sure where you're looking at some of these items. About a year or so ago, I bought gen 2 Pmags for about $8, and gen 3 for $11ish. Now gen 2 are going for like $12-13.

Plate carriers and chest rigs? Most popular ones aren't available straight from the manufacturer, and are sold second hand for a 50% markup....literally on this site.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my Haley Strategic Multicam Arid Chestrig in about 2 months after signing up for notifications.

Since my order on Dec 5, 2019, they have gone up $15.  $15 in a year and 3 months doesn't seem to be too much, especially considering the demand during this Pandemic and various riots, looting, and arsons.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Do we think that body armor sales have peaked and it's going to go down from here on out?

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do we think that body armor sales have peaked and it's going to go down from here on out?

View Quote

I do not think sales have peaked. I think 2021 is going to be a busy year just as 2020 was. Prices certainly won't go down as I haven't seen anyone raise them drastically. I'm honestly surprised the industry overall has kept the same pricing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I do not think sales have peaked. I think 2021 is going to be a busy year just as 2020 was. Prices certainly won't go down as I haven't seen anyone raise them drastically. I'm honestly surprised the industry overall has kept the same pricing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trex arms went from 340 to 370 and I think the 340 price was higher than it was normally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top