BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2020 7:36:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
These are GTG right?  I know KOTA is good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These are GTG right?  I know KOTA is good.
View Quote

NIJ certified and a little lighter than RMA 1155.

Everything I've read says these are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
7.6 pounds? Both or each?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What the hell, grabbed a set.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Each
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Can’t beat that price...got a set on the way to replace the wife’s steel plates
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread is always full of people asking question for 2 pages, and then complaining that they missed out on the next 8 pages.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Each
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Each

Wanting plates but that's kinda heavy isn't it?  See expensive plates in the 3.5# range.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wanting plates but that's kinda heavy isn't it?  See expensive plates in the 3.5# range.
View Quote

Well, just depends on how much you want to pay.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's lighter than some for the price/performance of an NIJ certified US made plate.

RMA 1155 LV IV is 8.3lbs a plate 135.00 each
RMA 1189 LV IV is 6.9lbs a plate and 299 each
RMA 1199 i:V IV is 4.7lbs a plate and 999 each

You see how it escalates :D

I was also looking at another vendor that has 4s17m multi-curve level iV in stock but they are 7.2lbs and 215 each.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What the hell, grabbed a set.

Thanks!
View Quote

Yeah I was getting a little down that it seems my RMA 1092 order is going to take a few months to complete so I needed something to fill in until they arrive. I was considering the Chnia plates but I figure I'll throw these HESCOs into my PC and they will sit unused for 3 months and can probably turn around and sell them with minimal loss.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kind of on the heavy side but the lighter/thinner/more curves it gets, the more $$$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of on the heavy side but the lighter/thinner/more curves it gets, the more $$$
@patriot_man

Since you are in the biz, do you have a recommendation for a carrier system that works well with single curve plates? I have a Slickster with multi and another with singles and it fits funny with the single (full disclosure might need to be adjusted more). Having said that, is there a carrier that works better with single curve plates?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, that's a bit heavy. But to get lighter weight for the same Level 4 protection rating, you'll be making tradeoffs in price and location of manufacture (China).

Considering that the overwhelming majority of people buying plates want them for, shall we say, static positions, they're a great value.

By being willing to trade off more weight and going single curve instead of multicurve, you in exchange get something made in America with an actual official NIJ certification. Part of having an NIJ certification means the NIJ is entitled to show up to Hesco's factory unannounced at any time they want, inspect the assembly line, and randomly select finished plates to re-test and verify their performance. If they find something wrong with the assembly process, cert revoked. Randomly selected plate fails? Cert revoked. Hesco refuses to let them into the building to do their inspection? Cert revoked.

As opposed to the Level 4 plate from Botach which is lighter and multicurved at the same price and threat rating. But the Botach plates are made in China with no official verification process to ensure consistent performance and quality control. There are YouTubers who have shot the Botach plates in their backyard and found them to stand up to the relevant threats, but that's not the same as having an independent government agency performing routine tests and inspections at the factory to verify that the same can be said for every plate that goes out the door.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's lighter than some for the price/performance of an NIJ certified US made plate.

RMA 1155 LV IV is 8.3lbs a plate 135.00 each
RMA 1189 LV IV is 6.9lbs a plate and 299 each
RMA 1199 i:V IV is 4.7lbs a plate and 999 each

You see how it escalates :D

I was also looking at another vendor that has 4s17m multi-curve level iV in stock but they are 7.2lbs and 215 each.
View Quote

I was very close to buying RMA 1155's but, they have a pretty good backorder delay so, I waffled and didn't purchase.  Then I hit the email lottery with these Hesco's being available and at a good price too!  

I debated the L210's but, being in a rural area figured I better have something with better rifle protection if I was going to get plates.  Out here in East Texas, most people have a rifle close by so, any violence is apt to be rifle related.

Unfortunately, I have a neighbor about a 1/2 mile away from my mailbox that apparently runs a B&B for homeless drifters from church so, there is a bit of recurrent trouble there along with the general Meth and Marijuana users that seem to think this is a great area to do drugs while stealing mail from mailboxes so, I also want something that isn't super high profile, at least from a distance (my house is ~1200 feet from the public road and my mailbox).

What plate carrier for HESCO 4401's?

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was very close to buying RMA 1155's but, they have a pretty good backorder delay so, I waffled and didn't purchase.  Then I hit the email lottery with these Hesco's being available and at a good price too!  

I debated the L210's but, being in a rural area figured I better have something with better rifle protection if I was going to get plates.  Out here in East Texas, most people have a rifle close by so, any violence is apt to be rifle related.

Unfortunately, I have a neighbor about a 1/2 mile away from my mailbox that apparently runs a B&B for homeless drifters from church so, there is a bit of recurrent trouble there along with the general Meth and Marijuana users that seem to think this is a great area to do drugs while stealing mail from mailboxes so, I also want something that isn't super high profile, at least from a distance (my house is ~1200 feet from the public road and my mailbox).

View Quote

Just about every house in Idaho has a hunting rifle which is why I stayed away from the special threats as well

And they're sold out now
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 3810's are in the sweet spot, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hmm, to be honest I think most people design their carriers with multi-curve in mind due to the fact that most of the money is in MIL/LE and they will almost certainly always have multi-curve plates. It probably just sits funny due to the see-saw effect that comes from single curve plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@patriot_man

Since you are in the biz, do you have a recommendation for a carrier system that works well with single curve plates? I have a Slickster with multi and another with singles and it fits funny with the single (full disclosure might need to be adjusted more). Having said that, is there a carrier that works better with single curve plates?

Hmm, to be honest I think most people design their carriers with multi-curve in mind due to the fact that most of the money is in MIL/LE and they will almost certainly always have multi-curve plates. It probably just sits funny due to the see-saw effect that comes from single curve plates.
So that seesaw effect is normal for single curves?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The 3810's are in the sweet spot, IMO.
View Quote

3810s spec out nice but for the price I went with RMA 1092. Yeah they are a little thicker and .4lbs heavier but they are half the cost.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Depending on your body type, yes. Most people I've seen have a see-saw effect unless they're very flat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So that seesaw effect is normal for single curves?

Thank you.

Depending on your body type, yes. Most people I've seen have a see-saw effect unless they're very flat
I ain't.

A buddy got a set of these so he's going to be dealing with the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered some. Finally caught them in stock. I hope they work for me. I'm pretty flat but also small, 5'5". 10x12 is about my entire torso size. Now to find a small PC.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I was going to order some as backup had I not just ordered the Lapolicegear IVs the day before. It was tough to not pull the trigger wish I had waited one more day.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just about every house in Idaho has a hunting rifle which is why I stayed away from the special threats as well

And they're sold out now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they're sold out now

I was out using taking my hunting rifle for a walk and missed them being in stock. And I am still waiting on L210’s from June. 2020 is an odd year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes, COVID, BLM and related protests and riots, and an Election year have made things a bit crazy.  With the Biden/Harris/Beto trifecta, gun sales are at record levels too.  Crazy times to be in the market for sure!  At least plate carriers aren't part of the ban talk.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Mine shipped today. I also ordered a Crye JPC, medium.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mine shipped today. I also ordered a Crye JPC, medium.
View Quote

Mine as well
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Where are you finding the JPC's in stock?  I assume we need the swimmer cut version, correct me if I'm wrong, please!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where are you finding the JPC's in stock?  I assume we need the swimmer cut version, correct me if I'm wrong, please!
View Quote

I ordered from uspatriottactical.com. I'm a newb to this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone have pics of a 4401 shooters cut compared to other plates?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#32]
OBE

My account doesn't show any order or order status.  The confirmation email I got has the following information:

Got through to them and apparently, they had an accounting or computer glitch of some sort.  They have my order so, everything is fine!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Stripe is their payment processor but none of my correspondence from them looks like that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I ordered from uspatriottactical.com. I'm a newb to this stuff.
View Quote

You might want to do some research on US Patriot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You might want to do some research on US Patriot.
View Quote

Have there been some mixed or negative reviews?  The feel of the website left me with some mixed general feelings.

Public reviews are mixed to bad but, you never know the real store without a lot of reviews.  I know I've dealt with some truly unreasonable customers personally.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Well crap, hope I don't get screwed. I had the money and just jumped in where stuff said in stock.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Is the PIG Brigandine Plate Carrier, SKD 10x12 Plate, the correct plate bag for these plates?  At ~1/2 the cost of a JPC 2.0, and available, it may be a viable alternative.

https://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Brig-Plate-Carrier-All-Molle-Rear-SYSTEMA-p/pig.401.htm
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Have there been some mixed or negative reviews?  The feel of the website left me with some mixed general feelings.

Public reviews are mixed to bad but, you never know the real store without a lot of reviews.  I know I've dealt with some truly unreasonable customers personally.
View Quote

Well just look up their online reviews, then do I search here.  I have never dealt with them, but I doubt they have any JPCs in stock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my plates! Guess I'll use duct tape until I get a carrier.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got my plates! Guess I'll use duct tape until I get a carrier.
View Quote

Yup mine came in today as well. I picked up the box and thought "Holy crap what did I get myself into" but they aren't bad in the carrier. Looking forward to my RMA 1092s thou. Gonna be almost half the weight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I placed my order five days ago and still hasn't shipped

Whenever they arrive I'll take comparison pics with 1092 and Botach lvl4 multicurve
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine hasn't shipped yet either
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yup mine came in today as well. I picked up the box and thought "Holy crap what did I get myself into" but they aren't bad in the carrier. Looking forward to my RMA 1092s thou. Gonna be almost half the weight.
View Quote

I did the same thing, reached down to pick up the box, oh shit! I think they will fit me well. I'm short but 40" chest.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Mine hasn't shipped yet either
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I did the same thing, reached down to pick up the box, oh shit! I think they will fit me well. I'm short but 40" chest.
View Quote

I guess I've got a weird body. I'm 6ft with a 43in chest but the medium plates almost touch my belly button when I'm sitting down.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#46]
My impression based on one phone call was that they are a small operation.  With that in mind, it will take a while to package and ship a pallet of plates and, that likely isn't the only thing they sell.

Gun stores, surplus stores, and others are seeing HUGE DEMAND right now so, unless they have really good friends or family to help, there is a limit to how much product they can package and ship in a given day or week.

On a related note for those that missed out on this shipment, she did say they are scheduled to get another load this month so, the plates should come back in stock in a week or two!
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

They’re heavy but they are level 4 after all.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I received a fraud alert and my card used to order these plates was comprised. Not knocking the retailer, shit happens. New card is on the way and my plates shipped but yall might wanna keep an eye on your accounts.

Xsolla usa was to whom the fraud charge popped up on my radar.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I received a fraud alert and my card used to order these plates was comprised. Not knocking the retailer, shit happens. New card is on the way and my plates shipped but yall might wanna keep an eye on your accounts.

Xsolla usa was to whom the fraud charge popped up on my radar.
View Quote
After having a lot of issues with credit card theft, I began using the Capital One card with "Eno" to generate one-time use credit card numbers.  For online purchases, these ENO one-time use credit card numbers have worked well for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I've got the Propper set with 4400s if anyone wants them. PM me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top