Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2018 10:43:43 AM EDT
Took my lightly used Henry Brass Big Boy .357 out yesterday to do some plinking with a friend.  It just went "click".  Took the bolt apart and it has a broken firing pin.  Henry Customer Service already has a replacement on the way.

Is this a regular thing with Henry rifles?

Love the rifle.  It's well made and fun to shoot.  I've even thought about adding a couple more in different calibers but not if this is an issue.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you dry fired it a lot? I broke a Marlin firing pin from too much dry firing and have heard that the same thing will happen to a Winchester.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you dry fired it a lot? I broke a Marlin firing pin from too much dry firing and have heard that the same thing will happen to a Winchester.
View Quote
Well, it has been dry fired but I didn't think it was excessive.  I won't be dry firing with the replacement firing pin.  Henry is sending me two firing pins so this may be a known issue.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
With a Winchester it will happen after only a few dry firings, ask me, I know.

I busted one on my Henry also, sent them an e-mail had a new one in less than a week, free like it should be, but other companies don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
No complaints with Henry customer service.  Replacement firing pin is installed and my rifle is ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Snap caps are always a great idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top