Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
View Quote

lol  .................  Annnnnnnnnnddddddddd its gone

It's not my style but the price "was" decent for these times

Looking forward to a range report.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me know when that deal is on one in 357.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve seen two locally in the last few days in .357
I’ve not seen a .44 and that’s what I want
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Just saw a .44 today at the Fleet and Farm store. Not sure what the price was, only looked at the tag to see what the caliber was.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone gone the opposite way with these- installing wood stocks instead of a handguard? I went with this over a normal Henry for the pistol grip. I wonder if the .45-70 stock will fit since none of the Big Boys have a pistol grip; looking at pictures it seems the bottom tang is part of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just saw a .44 today at the Fleet and Farm store. Not sure what the price was, only looked at the tag to see what the caliber was.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stopped by a bass pro today, they had several Henry rifles on the rack. I looked at a X model in 44 mag, priced right at $800. Sadly, I bought one off GB a couple of months ago for a grand [img]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img oh well, it’s only money.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stopped by a bass pro today, they had several Henry rifles on the rack. I looked at a X model in 44 mag, priced right at $800. Sadly, I bought one off GB a couple of months ago for a grand [url]/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/img oh well, it’s only money.
View Quote

why not get a second one?

I wonder how a Henry X in 10mm would do?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally saw a .44  today but it was priced at $890 and I’ve bought two new rifles already this month.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked it up! I need to oil the bolt or something, the lever catches a bit. Time to sit around and cycle it a few hundred times while watching Wind River and Jurassic World.
The pistol grip feels great. Rifle is a bit heavy but not that different from a 20" Rossi .44 I saw at the FFL.
The hammer manipulation is completely different from my Henry .22- not as defined a snap, much longer (duh), and no half cock.

I also picked up 200 rounds of 180 grain Remington soft points. It's not what I wanted (Lucky Gunner had bad accuracy in his .44 X) but it's better than no ammo. $44 a box is better than what I saw on ammoseek. This will be my intro to reloading. The box says 1600fps, presumably out of an 8" revolver with the cylinder gap.

I'm undecided as to which direction to go with this. Leave it stock, add a handguard, or go with wood stocks. I went with this over the standard model for the pistol grip; I think I can use the .45-70 pistol grip stock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone gone the opposite way with these- installing wood stocks instead of a handguard? I went with this over a normal Henry for the pistol grip. I wonder if the .45-70 stock will fit since none of the Big Boys have a pistol grip; looking at pictures it seems the bottom tang is part of the receiver.
View Quote

Probably have to do some inletting and get a different lever. DOnt think the x uses the same stock mounting as the Big Boys.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Probably have to do some inletting and get a different lever. DOnt think the x uses the same stock mounting as the Big Boys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In for a update on this if anyone can verify.
I can’t stand the X stocks. They feel like something on a toy rifle from the 80s
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
In for a update on this if anyone can verify.
I can’t stand the X stocks. They feel like something on a toy rifle from the 80s
View Quote

I emailed Henry about stock interchangeability and got an answer I didn't understand. I'm going to reply to that tonight or see if I can talk to them on the phone.

My guess is that all the normal centerfire rifles can use the same stock as long as they have the same tang. I have no guess on frontend interchangeability.

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I emailed Henry about stock interchangeability and got an answer I didn't understand. I'm going to reply to that tonight or see if I can talk to them on the phone.

My guess is that all the normal centerfire rifles can use the same stock as long as they have the same tang. I have no guess on frontend interchangeability.

View Quote

Search for the stock interchangeability on Reddit, I was looking into this but never tried it.  The regular Big Boys are not pistol grip.

Has a picture of it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LeverGuns/comments/jw867x/henry_big_boy_x_w_wood_stock/

"I talked to a Henry Gunsmith and customer service rep and if you have the Henry model x big boy in 44mag, the wood stock will fit from a H010 45-70 and H018 410 shotgun. They even sent me pics of one swapped out. Let me know if you want to see them and the response form Henry."
https://www.reddit.com/r/LeverGuns/comments/gbazu8/henry_big_boy_x_stock_replacement/
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Search for the stock interchangeability on Reddit, I was looking into this but never tried it.  The regular Big Boys are not pistol grip.

Has a picture of it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LeverGuns/comments/jw867x/henry_big_boy_x_w_wood_stock/

"I talked to a Henry Gunsmith and customer service rep and if you have the Henry model x big boy in 44mag, the wood stock will fit from a H010 45-70 and H018 410 shotgun. They even sent me pics of one swapped out. Let me know if you want to see them and the response form Henry."
https://www.reddit.com/r/LeverGuns/comments/gbazu8/henry_big_boy_x_stock_replacement/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has a picture of it:

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I emailed Henry about stock interchangeability and got an answer I didn't understand. [
View Quote

You can order replacement wood on Henry's website.  The wood is listed by model # and the X appears to be grouped with other pistol grip rifles.  

Assumption would be the stock fits.  Unknown if that would include the forearm also though?  

ETA: see your pic with the metal forearm - if that fits seems safe to assume a wood forearm would also fit!
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I almost bought one of these about 5 months ago. Popped up in a local BI Mart that was a special order and they guy backed out. They were asking $725 for it. It was just so heavy that I hesitated. Went back for it the next day after sleeping on it and it was gone
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
That’s cool that you could go to a wood stock.
The only real downside is paying for a second stock set.   I need to check them out again. Maybe I’m being to close minded on the plastic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn't realize how tough it was to find these. Anyone finding these online?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top