Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2022 3:08:04 PM EDT
I was looking at a holster C to use on like three different rifles with day scopes.

but there was a thread here where people were saying that a clip on really isn’t the best option for multi rifle use.

How so? Why? Like what should I get then instead of the hogster C.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged.  Have been pondering the same question.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump bump
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the dedicated scope version which would be the vibe 35 or super hogster.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 7:59:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#4]
Clip-ons clip in front of your existing day optic and allow you to maintain your day optic zero under thermal.  (As long as your thermal maintains collimation or can be adjusted to do so.)

There are certain things to follow to ensure you are maximizing your efforts to maintain collimation and those are things such as making sure your day scope optical centerpoints are as close as possible in line with the clip-on you are using.  i.e., a 1.50" height day optic mount and using the same 1.50" optical height mount on the clip-on to eliminate any potential error that can occur.

Clip-ons are good if you have multiple guns that already have scopes.  If you don't, a dedicated thermal weapon sight would likely be a better option.  Many dedicated thermal weapon sights have different zeroing profiles you can save, so it can make zeroing for different guns very easy.

Clip-ons come at a cost though.  High quality clip-ons are much more expensive than dedicated thermal weapon sights.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Clip-ons clip in front of your existing day optic and allow you to maintain your day optic zero under thermal.  (As long as your thermal maintains collimation or can be adjusted to do so.)

There are certain things to follow to ensure you are maximizing your efforts to maintain collimation and those are things such as making sure your day scope optical centerpoints are as close as possible in line with the clip-on you are using.  i.e., a 1.50" height day optic mount and using the same 1.50" optical height mount on the clip-on to eliminate any potential error that can occur.

Clip-ons are good if you have multiple guns that already have scopes.  If you don't, a dedicated thermal weapon sight would likely be a better option.  Many dedicated thermal weapon sights have different zeroing profiles you can save, so it can make zeroing for different guns very easy.

Clip-ons come at a cost though.  High quality clip-ons are much more expensive than dedicated thermal weapon sights.
View Quote

Why would i be told that there are better options than clip ons for multiple day scope equipped rifles?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Why would i be told that there are better options than clip ons for multiple day scope equipped rifles?
View Quote

I can't begin to understand why.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I got rid of two thermal Scopes and replaced them with one Pulsar FXG50 clip on.

The clip on has been fantastic for being able to slap it on rifle/PCC I have with an optic.

Cons are it is heavy, but that's about it. I can make hits on man sized steel out to 700 yds so far. POI shift has not been noticed at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top