Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2020 12:53:46 PM EDT
I bought 500 of these several years ago, and am just now getting around to loading them. With the lack of info on midwayusa's website, I was hoping someone here might know what they are. Specifically, I would like to know if they are target or hunting rounds, and if they would be a good choice for a hunting load workup or if I should get something else. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use them for both hunting and targets.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Those are amax’s, sst’s would have a  cannalure, might be eld’s but probably tooold to be eld’s. Could be interbonds too
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
They look like Ballistic Tips or perhaps Older A-Max bullets
The OEM's for other large OEM like hornady made V-Maxes with green tips for Remington.

Sierra does not sell their seconds to outlets.

Hornady has sold seconds to outlets for years at least 20.

Nosler mostly sells their seconds etc....through their Pro Shop only
Nosler has made bullets for other markets that places like Midway have picked up the excess from a production run.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm betting AMAX.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the opinions. Would there be any utility in cutting one in half so the experts could see a cross section?

I thought maybe they were a nosler second, but I really don't have anything to back that up. Really just wanting to make sure they are good to hunt with.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
JBM's library say an AMAX is 1.28" long and the Accubond LR is 1.38".
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

JBM's library say an AMAX is 1.28" long and the Accubond LR is 1.38".
View Quote
Well, these measure 1.28, so looks like amax it is. Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top