Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/15/2021 4:27:20 AM EDT
I purchased a no letter dealer sample from a very large and well known MG dealer. I've never had an 50HB before. This one was built on a Browning parts kit and was described as "fired very little." Overall everything is in great shape. Upon arrival the bolt would only retract a couple of inches. I removed the rear handles and found the trigger bar just flopping around the inside which prevented the bolt from going back. The pin was installed but it was not put through the trigger bar.  According to the technical manuals, the trigger bar has to be removed to take out the bolt group, buffer, etc.

So I got all that pulled out. The technical manual says the first step of assembling the receiver is to install the trigger bar. When the trigger bar is installed in the correct orientation, there is not enough clearance for the bolt to be inserted.

I am wondering if the parts are not correct or if I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachment Attached File

Bolt group put together

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind... figured it out. Was trying to install the trigger bar against the side when its supposed to go in the middle
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
if the M2 is a new thing to you, make sure , make sure , make sure you dont take the back plate off with the gun cocked.  you neighbors and probably their neighbors will thank you.  seen them go clear across the motor pool
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
In addition to the above warning, be sure you have the breach lock installed properly and set headspace and timing by the book.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top