Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2022 11:34:58 AM EDT
I've been all over the web looking for an ejector spring and rivet for a 12 gauge 870. Does anyone have a spare or know where they might be in stock??
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ebay has the rivets.

There is also a spring but it is labeled as 2-3/4 only.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The usual parts sources dried up over a year ago. The only rivets I have seen since then have been on Ebay.

FWIW the 19.99 rivets on Ebay look to be someone's aftermarket parts with that shiny finish. The OEM factory parts always had a matte, kinda parkerized finish on them (and that is not really a problem as the rivets are a simple part to make on the lathe)
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW the 19.99 rivets on Ebay look to be someone's aftermarket parts with that shiny finish. The OEM factory parts always had a matte, kinda parkerized finish on them
View Quote
Every time I bought rivets from Remington, they were unfinished.

You can re-use the rivet that holds the ejector spring (once), without ever removing it from the wall of the receiver (and Brownells sells a tool kit for that).
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The local Smith can fix the gun no problem. It's a new ejector spring that's the issue. I only have the one 870 and it's set up for HD. For it to be anything but 100% reliable is not acceptable. I'm the mean time a  1201fp will have the duty.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
What shell length?  2-3/4 or 3” or 3-1/2” ?  (Although I think 3” and 3-1/2” might use the same spring...). Kind of tired currently and been a month or so since I worked on mine...Seems like that was the case though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What shell length?  2-3/4 or 3” or 3-1/2” ?  (Although I think 3” and 3-1/2” might use the same spring...). Kind of tired currently and been a month or so since I worked on mine...Seems like that was the case though.
View Quote

For the past 20-30 years*  Remington used the same ejector and ejector spring in in the 2 ¾ and 3” 870. The 3 1/2” receiver guns have a different, length specific ejector and ejector spring.

*Early on there was a 2 3/4” ejector and ejector spring in some guns

Here's a picture of the ejector that shows some of the differences:

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For the past 20-30 years*  Remington used the same ejector and ejector spring in in the 2 ¾ and 3” 870. The 3 1/2” receiver guns have a different, length specific ejector and ejector spring.

*Early on there was a 2 3/4” ejector and ejector spring in some guns

Here's a picture of the ejector that shows some of the differences:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31644/E53B1E53-D278-477A-BC50-09415957C197-2127717.jpg
View Quote

I just heard from my gunsmith and an ejector spring and river are not to be had.

Does anyone have or know where I can get one? I just can't bare the idea of going into the zombie apocalypse without an 870
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just heard from my gunsmith and an ejector spring and river are not to be had.

Does anyone have or know where I can get one? I just can't bare the idea of going into the zombie apocalypse without an 870
View Quote

There are some on Ebay right now, the only place I've seen any of these parts in the last year or so. The springs are outrageously priced....but it you really need one....
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
870 production is restarting. If you can wait a few more months you should start to see the parts become available.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time I needed parts I had to find them from a Canadian company that according to their website they wouldn't ship to the US.  I ended up e-mailing them and finding out they actually had a subsidiary in the US and could ship from here.  I'll try to find the receipt see if it helps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Not the needed size.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sent, yes still in need. I got a rivet set, still a spring. I think the ejector is good but could buy both.12 gauge ,3 inch.
@gambleandlost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top