Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/28/2018 11:54:09 AM EDT
I'm trying to buy the last remaining pieces to start reloading spent 50 bmg brass and still need these two components to shape the neck and primer pocket. I planned to go with lee for all the other parts due to cost but it appears lee doesnt make these two items. Are there any budget options (like lee) for these tools? Some of the uniformers cost as much $70+ and I wanted something way more basic. Do I even need these tools, or can I do casing prep with something else?

Any tips?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like I had an autocorrect issue in my title. Trying to find a tool that could fix the chamfer on the casings to remove burrs and smooth out the neck on the inside and outside to help bullets seat better without damaging anything. Basically a file for the inside and outside. Already have the die itself.

I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What you need to get is a stainless steel tubeing hand chamfer tool.
It has a tool on one side that cleans up the inside of the neck and the other side cleans up the outside.
The one I have is so old, it has no markings on it, but I'll look around and see if I can find it's exact name.
SJC
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well that didn't take long.
It's called a hand deburring tool.
MSC Part # 92772821
$13 without shipping.
While this tool would be hard to use with Puny rifle cartridges, it's no issue with the 50, as you have plenty of the case to hold onto.

SJC
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually that was the wrong tool, it only does the inner process.
This is the tool I've been using for over a decade without fail.
ZORO # G1454275
$19 without S+H

SJC
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the feedback guys. Ended up buying the Lee chamfer tool (apparently it fits the 50 just fine) and a nice k&m primer pocket tool. Hope these two are the ticket!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the K&M case length and mouth deburing tool. It does debur the inside and outside of the mouth while trimming the brass to proper length. As mentioned, it has a case holder that can be chucked up in a drill to speed up the process. The case holder has to be used cause it is the reference point for the trimmer debur tool. I just put a little sizing wax on the part of the tool that is in the throat to keep it from becoming galled with brass. I use the above bullet dechamfering tool to ream out any crimp in the primer pocket. I also have a fostner (SP) neck turning tool. You would be surprised how the thickness of the neck varies. I have a custom Spider Arms Ferret 50 with a tight chamber. I have to turn the necks so I can even chamber a round.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll bring this thread back to life. Can someone please link what I'd need to get to trim my cases to length and clean up the neck? The K&M website didn't make it clear what all would need to be purchased.

Let's assume I'm going to chuck it in a drill and have nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:14:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
So that plus a case holder?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:26:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top