BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2019 10:16:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I would buy it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Id get that one. Looks great and it's a full rifle too! Pretty neat.

edit: I've always wanted one like that but in 38-55
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy.  You can sell to me for 350 later.

Should be new enough you can attach peep sight without drill and tap.
Peep on that long barrel would be nice.

Octagon barrels are heavier but cooler looking.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm actually selling my Canadian Centennial locally. No takers. A few years hunting and it has a few dings, peep sight, xs front sight for $450 and not even an offer in like 3 months.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#6]
If I had one, I wouldn't sell it.  Trade - maybe.
If I could get one for a good price and didn't have one...I'd get it.   Octagon bbl.  Rifle length.   Yep.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm actually selling my Canadian Centennial locally. No takers. A few years hunting and it has a few dings, peep sight, xs front sight for $450 and not even an offer in like 3 months.
View Quote
wrong part of the country ..

they sell pretty quickly out west
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is a Winchester Canadian Centennial that a friend inherited.  I know nothing of lever actions and he is wanting to sell it.  He was thinking $500 but I have no idea.  It is a 30.30, 84xxx serial number.  No box.

Is this a decent shooter, and is that a decent price?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/337946/received_2193881743994644-1018128.jpg
View Quote
$500USD isn't bad.  If BNIB, they go for about $750-1000 CAD.

I paid about $375 for mine, but it's been shit-kicked.

Link Posted: 7/19/2019 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, I would buy it.
View Quote
I just saw a Buffalo Bill commemorative, same long hex barrel 1894 for $399 in my LGS yesterday.  It was a shooter, but in great shape.  I almost bought it.  I might do it today.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just saw a Buffalo Bill commemorative, same long hex barrel 1894 for $399 in my LGS yesterday.  It was a shooter, but in great shape.  I almost bought it.  I might do it today.
View Quote
Probably gone already. Had that happen to me. Found a Win94 in .32win for $250. Thought it over that night and went back in the morning. Gone. Guy showed up 10 min after I left the night before and bought it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I know
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a Canadian Centennial for sale at a local gun shop here listed at $599.  I suspect they'd take $500 as it's been there awhile.  And as a rifle pattern Model 94 in .30-30 in the classic quarter cock hammer configuration it's worth every bit of that as a shooter.

-----

I do like the rifle pattern Model 94s and while the 1964 to 1981 Model 94s don't have any significant collector value, they are still more desirable to have as shooters than the later rebounding hammer, cross bolt safety and tang safety versions.

The Canadian Centennials were made in 1967, after the worst of the 1964 changes were reversed (roll pins, stamped lifters, etc).  In general Winchester made way to many of most of the commemorative models and the Canadian Centennial is worse than most in that regard as Winchester made 90,301 of them.

The only Winchester commemoratives produced in greater numbers were the Winchester 1866 Centennial (102,309) in 1966 and the Buffalo Bill Commemorative (112,923) in 1968.

They tapered off to 69,996 for the Golden Spike commemorative and 52,386 with the Theodore Roosevelt commemoratives in 1969. They tapered further to 38,385 with the Lone Star commemorative and 27,549 for the Cowboy commemoratives in 1970.  After that they limited them to no more than 19,999 (with a relapse of 49,000 for the John Wayne commemorative in 1981) and most of them have production numbers under 10,000 with a lot of them under 2500.

One of the various over-produced commemoratives can sell for $800-$900 if it is in pristine condition with box and hang tags - if you can find a buyer interested in one.

However, those over produced commemoratives, especially without a box and in less than mint condition are a great source of shootable Model 94s.  If they were made in the XTR era, it's also a great way to get an XTR Model 94.

-----

This is a legendary Frontiersman that did come with box and hang tags, but in less than pristine condition (a couple very minor stock dings) and I bought it as a shooter as it's a rifle pattern Model 94 in .38-55.  Getting one this way was a lot cheaper than buying a new Miroku made Model 94 and it has the original quarter cock hammer design.

It's got nice wood, it's well made, accurate, really fun to shoot and not overly gaudy (with a nice tarnish on the silver plated receiver) by commemorative standards.

The other rifle is a Big Bore 94 in .375 Win.  They were also nicely made XTRs and they sell in the $500 to $700 range in excellent condition, given the scarcity of .375 Win ammo.  The throats are cut very generously and they'll shoot .38-55 very nicely.

Starline makes the occasional run of .375 Win brass so when you can find suitable jacketed bullets you cans still shoot full power .375 Win loads.

Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Probably gone already. Had that happen to me. Found a Win94 in .32win for $250. Thought it over that night and went back in the morning. Gone. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_sad.gif Guy showed up 10 min after I left the night before and bought it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably gone already. Had that happen to me. Found a Win94 in .32win for $250. Thought it over that night and went back in the morning. Gone. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_sad.gif Guy showed up 10 min after I left the night before and bought it.
It was still there.  It was buggered a bit with extra holes for a tang sight.  There was a weird plastic plug that bugged me, but I was going to take the risk.  They wouldn't drop $25.  Then I found out it was on a pawn hold, a local law that places a hold on guns sold to a gun store or pawn shop.

I passed.  I figured it just wasn't meant to be.  The owner/gunsmith didn't have 5 minutes to discuss it, so hard pass.  I drove right past the store today and didn't stop.  I have little resolve when it comes to lever guns. (I almost stopped)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top