Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2018 9:38:04 PM EDT
Looking at plate carriers and plate. I’m law enforcement and I’m looking for a setup I can throw on quickly over my uniform. I don’t need much on it, planning on 2, maybe 3 mags, an IFAK, tourniquet, and some sort of small admin pouch.

https://www.esstac.com/product-page/daeodon-ass-plate-package

Trying to keep it light and simple, and the Daeodon kit looks like it may fit my needs pretty well.  A friend of mine is selling a Banshee with some extras for 150 and I have thought about just picking that up instead, but not sure what plates I’d go with.

This will be my first plate carrier so I’m looking for opinions and suggestions on this setup, or others if you feel there are better options.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm happy with my VelSys LEPC with spiritus chest rig.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a huge fan of the Hesco L210, i generally speaking like Hesco products, but the L210 puts price before performance and It's heavy and cheap. It's also a single curve plate, multi curve goes a long way to making armor feel lighter and more comfortable. Carrier selection wise I haven't used Esstac's new stuff but build quality is good on their products.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Mayflower LWPC with the Daeodon 3 mag placard and a HSGI bleeder and TQ now on it and think it’s a great setup.  If I was starting from scratch I’d absolutely go with the Daeodon plate carrier, I just already had this one and it’s been through a few iterations.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#4]
6094 or JPC if you want simple and maneuverable
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
For that price point it’s hard to go wrong with a Crye JPC.

I’ve also used the PIG Brigandine from SKDTAC.com. Real minimalist rig. I did the create your own version of the Brigandine.  It’s called SYSTEMA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top