Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 8:00:09 PM EDT
I am thinking, I want to SBR a 10/22.

Starting with a 10/22 charger TD lite, and magpul X-22 backpacker. I have a rugged oculus.

What optic would be better for this? I am thinking a simple red dot? What have you all done, and what other accesories would you kit it out with to be the best little light , handy fun 22?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to get a barrel chopped to 4.5" for mine, and have a tri rail handguard that hugs the can out to the muzzle.

Mine is a charger pistol.  If I were doing a SBR, I'd probably mount a SIG side folding stock.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I envision something more like this (Not paying 200 for a sig stock when can get a backpacker for 100 and I'll like it better)

But I want, say some sort of 2x optic thats illuminated, or something.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Or this.

Though 150.00 for a brace seems kind of spendy vs the stock and stamp when braces are constantly under attack Braces have always seemed over priced to me.  Not sure which setup I like better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I put a Magpul TD hunter stock on a TD with the ISB.  Minimal mods to stock needed, no SBR stamp needed; but you need to buy another suppressor and wait for the ISB to clear.

SWFA 2.5-10 ultralight scope, red dot was OK but not great with my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I used the folding adapter from the source mentioned in this video with a PMACA chassis for my Charger take down... I don't use a brace or blade, just a buffer tube and rubber end cap... currently wearing a Vortex Spitfire 1x prism scope
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#6]
If you already have the charger it makes sense to spend the money on the brace. Or I think Copper Creek does a body with a pic rail so you can do any number of folding braces.

If you already have the rifle and backpacker, the stamp makes sense.

I want to get one of those integral can barrels for mine. My take down is my favorite plinker.

For optics I would suggest the magpul mount since that attaches to the barrel. I would also say a small red dot. Forget the magnification. The whole point of the take down shorty is easy transport and the optic adds side bulk
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
yes, I currently just have the charger mins brace. It comes with a 1913 back plate
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with this:
Attachment Attached File

which breaks down into a nice little box like this:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure if you're set on an SBR or how short you're going, but the TacSol SBX is an easy way to avoid a stamp. Happy with mine, magpul optic mount to the front piece maintains a true zero. I threw a cheap Bushnell red dot on it and it works well. I added the extended mag release and the bolt release that allows you to go from a locked open bolt to a chambered round just by pulling the charging handle back and letting it go. Absolutely necessary upgrade from the nightmare that is the stock bolt catch. Also a big fan of the x3 10 rd mag coupler over the 25 rd bananas because the backpacker stock can still be taken down and thrown in a pack with the mags inserted. I also carry an additional 10 rd mag and a box of 50 in the stock for a total of 90 rds on the gun at all times. Runs subsonics flawlessly with my Dead Air Mask.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top