Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/16/2021 7:00:09 PM EST
I am thinking, I want to SBR a 10/22.

Starting with a 10/22 charger TD lite, and magpul X-22 backpacker. I have a rugged oculus.

What optic would be better for this? I am thinking a simple red dot? What have you all done, and what other accesories would you kit it out with to be the best little light , handy fun 22?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:30:32 PM EST
I want to get a barrel chopped to 4.5" for mine, and have a tri rail handguard that hugs the can out to the muzzle.

Mine is a charger pistol.  If I were doing a SBR, I'd probably mount a SIG side folding stock.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:34:54 PM EST
I envision something more like this (Not paying 200 for a sig stock when can get a backpacker for 100 and I'll like it better)

But I want, say some sort of 2x optic thats illuminated, or something.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:24:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/16/2021 10:24:33 PM EST by cryo_tech]
Or this.

Though 150.00 for a brace seems kind of spendy vs the stock and stamp when braces are constantly under attack Braces have always seemed over priced to me.  Not sure which setup I like better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:24:41 AM EST
I put a Magpul TD hunter stock on a TD with the ISB.  Minimal mods to stock needed, no SBR stamp needed; but you need to buy another suppressor and wait for the ISB to clear.

SWFA 2.5-10 ultralight scope, red dot was OK but not great with my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:34:29 AM EST
I used the folding adapter from the source mentioned in this video with a PMACA chassis for my Charger take down... I don't use a brace or blade, just a buffer tube and rubber end cap... currently wearing a Vortex Spitfire 1x prism scope
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:41:56 AM EST
If you already have the charger it makes sense to spend the money on the brace. Or I think Copper Creek does a body with a pic rail so you can do any number of folding braces.

If you already have the rifle and backpacker, the stamp makes sense.

I want to get one of those integral can barrels for mine. My take down is my favorite plinker.

For optics I would suggest the magpul mount since that attaches to the barrel. I would also say a small red dot. Forget the magnification. The whole point of the take down shorty is easy transport and the optic adds side bulk
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:27:30 PM EST
yes, I currently just have the charger mins brace. It comes with a 1913 back plate
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:29:40 PM EST
I went with this:
Attachment Attached File

which breaks down into a nice little box like this:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:00:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/28/2021 10:10:58 AM EST by dpep]
Not sure if you're set on an SBR or how short you're going, but the TacSol SBX is an easy way to avoid a stamp. Happy with mine, magpul optic mount to the front piece maintains a true zero. I threw a cheap Bushnell red dot on it and it works well. I added the extended mag release and the bolt release that allows you to go from a locked open bolt to a chambered round just by pulling the charging handle back and letting it go. Absolutely necessary upgrade from the nightmare that is the stock bolt catch. Also a big fan of the x3 10 rd mag coupler over the 25 rd bananas because the backpacker stock can still be taken down and thrown in a pack with the mags inserted. I also carry an additional 10 rd mag and a box of 50 in the stock for a total of 90 rds on the gun at all times. Runs subsonics flawlessly with my Dead Air Mask.

Top Top