Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2020 11:42:04 PM EDT
Just purchased a new house and I am wanting to get a new safe to go with it. I plan to put it in the bonus room which happens to be on a slab. In order to get to the bonus room you can go through the garage and in about 12 feet from the door is where I want to mount the safe. I’ve really been wanting the sturdy 6028 model, but I’ve been wondering if I should just buy a liberty like a fatboy or something from a local dealer that I can pay extra to deliver the safe in the exact spot it will be mounted? I’m assuming the 6028 would have to be professionally moved from the garage to inside the house due to weight?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberty Fatboy Extreme. I’m pretty happy with it. It’s framed in and bolted to the basement slab.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Im in the same boat... Been deliberating Sturdy, AMSEC and Liberty. Im going with A non fire lined Sturdy. The AMSEC BF is a bit more than I want to spend, despite having legit fire rating. The way I see it, the contents are likely going to be ruined in a fire regardless. I did consider Liberty, but is seem like they are just the illusion of security. Look at the specs and you’ll see the difference in construction.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#3]
550 Lbs is about right. you can move them if you have them empty the door comes off most.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Brown.

After the boat incident:

Yeah, I made that interior.  It now has tape LED lights.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Look into Sturdy Safes...they’re all function and not for show if you’re ok with that
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m going to go with sturdy. As far as dials go, should I do electronic or old school? If old school should I do the key in lock?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top