Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2020 4:17:59 PM EDT
I am not certain what I have pictured and searching the net has failed me. I believe they are for reloading 37mm riot projectiles (training type) for either wood knee knockers, bean bags or rubber projectiles. They were gifted to me. The propellant comes in glass vials and appears to be black powder or equivalent. The primers appear to be 209 shotgun primers. Can anybody out there confirm? Are these even legal to possess? I don't see why they wouldn't be. Just wondering.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it's for their tear gas billy club!

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/gun-parts---accessories/accessories---tactical/federal-laboratories-saltsburgh-pa-tear-gas-billy-club-police-oddity.cfm?gun_id=100704904
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it's for their tear gas billy club!

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/gun-parts---accessories/accessories---tactical/federal-laboratories-saltsburgh-pa-tear-gas-billy-club-police-oddity.cfm?gun_id=100704904
View Quote
So, it looks like what I have is boxes of training loads. I've got probably 6 full boxes of 10 reloads each, and one partial box. It looks like there may be a market for these. No clue what they would be worth. Thanks for the effort and time doing your search. I came up with dead ends.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
We used those kits to reload and shoot practice 37mm barricade rounds in our Federal gas gun on the SWAT team. You reprimed the fired case, dumped the powder vial in, and pushed the training projectile in. Then you could aim and fire.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We used those kits to reload and shoot practice 37mm barricade rounds in our Federal gas gun on the SWAT team. You reprimed the fired case, dumped the powder vial in, and pushed the training projectile in. Then you could aim and fire.
View Quote

Is there a market for them? Are they legal to posses and sell? For 37mm practice, I can't think of any reason they would not be.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have no idea. Our gas stuff was ancient and used very little. The stuff was so old you couldn’t read what the projectiles were. We got surprised that way firing a muzzle dispersant CS round. That sure cleared the firing line.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#6]
There were some of those pieces and boxes in the case of my Federal gas gun when I got it, albeit not as complete or nice shape. Just reloading components so legal to own, but I am not sure what a fair price would be for that since I don't remember seeing just the components for sale.

Since you're asking about the market, message me if you post them for sale somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top