Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2021 3:20:07 AM EDT
I just spent too much time e-filing for the first time, ran into major issue when the pay window didn't come up using Firefox. I used Windows Edge to complete it. My question is that I noticed on the page right before PAY where it shows your list of uploaded documents that all three files were listed(trust, rpq, photo), but only the trust had a file size that was correct, the other two showed 0. Did it go through or not?

I received a cover-letter email, process IS in submitted status. But I'm uncertain because of those zeros.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You could call them and ask. If you have a decent examiner they'll let you email the documents to them. Most of the time though they'll just deny you and make you resubmit. It think I had that happen once or twice though and everything was fine. Just need to call and check.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You're fine.

It's pretty common for none of the other items to even show up. I've found if you log out, and log back in they magically reappear. Regardless, the file size part is meaningless.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured I'm overthinking it since it's all totally new to me...what a bizarre process. Who the hell would choose to use a red X to denote something has been uploaded instead of a green check mark?

It also makes no sense that you send the 5320.23 to the CLEO before you're approved or denied.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It makes perfect sense if you actually read the instructions.
View Quote

The part that doesn't make sense is that the CLEO usually have no clue what the form is for.

I live in a small town and I doubt the sheriff's office had ever seen a form 1 before me.

When I first moved here they sent a deputy over to my house to "interview me before they signed off on the form 1".

I had a thread about it at the time it happened.

Funny part was I already had the approved form 1 and showed it to the deputy.

He was shocked... I politely explained the new process post 41f, which they had no clue about.

I've since done about 5 more and they've never sent anyone out here again.

I also highlight the part of the form at the bottom where is expressly says they are not required to take any action.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The part that doesn't make sense is that the CLEO usually have no clue what the form is for.

I live in a small town and I doubt the sheriff's office had ever seen a form 1 before me.

When I first moved here they sent a deputy over to my house to "interview me before they signed off on the form 1".

I had a thread about it at the time it happened.

Funny part was I already had the approved form 1 and showed it to the deputy.

He was shocked... I politely explained the new process post 41f, which they had no clue about.

I've since done about 5 more and they've never sent anyone out here again.

I also highlight the part of the form at the bottom where is expressly says they are not required to take any action.
View Quote

How it actually works with your local CLEO doesn’t matter.  The purpose of sending it to the CLEO as soon as it’s submitted is to give them a chance to review it prior to the ATF approving it.  Whether your CLEO does or doesn’t, or how they do it, doesn’t matter to the ATF.  They can dump the forms in the round file for all the ATF cares.  The CLEO is provided the opportunity and what they do with it is entirely on them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It makes perfect sense if you actually read the instructions.
View Quote

Yea, but the instructions seem to be here and there and if you blink you can easily miss one. I see now it points you to 2g...I followed the instructions by video which was to send it anyway regardless of my misunderstanding of the process.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top