Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2023 5:47:04 PM EDT
First off , this is not my first (most likely wont be my last) .22 can , I have 2 oculus , a mask HD, and a sico spectre 2. Now I want to buy something lighter and modular , either the Q erector or the rugged mustang , my questions are : is the Mustang as quiet as the oculus? Is the Q as quiet and built to last as the Mustang ? How hard is really to clean the aluminum baffles? Can I use a tumbler on aluminum? There isn’t any reviews comparing the mustang vs the oculus or the Q, any help is appreciated specially if you have those specific cans.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You’re doing yourself a disservice to not include a Nyx in consideration
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Lighter, tougher but not more modular would be Lithium 9

OCL Lithium 9 Review (Feat. Otter Creek Labs)
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Weight: 5.7 oz (no mount)
OD: 1.5"

Q Erector: 0.99" 2.6oz in longest config.
Mustang: 1.062" 2.4oz or 3.3oz
Nyx Mod2: 1.0" 2.45oz or 4.15oz

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Not modular but I love my Warlock II. I wish I could find another Specter II. It’s a shame they’re no longer in production.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a 22 thread. The can you posted is for PCCs.

OP, with aluminum you are really limited with your cleaning methods. I think the main one is soda blasting (which requires equipment). I generally tend to avoid aluminum rim fire cans as ill gladly take a few oz penalty for many more cleaning options.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP, with aluminum you are really limited with your cleaning methods. I think the main one is soda blasting (which requires equipment). I generally tend to avoid aluminum rim fire cans as ill gladly take a few oz penalty for many more cleaning options.
View Quote
But the OP also has a few 22LR suppressors already, so he'll be spreading the round count around.

Use the SS or TI cans for the high round count shooting. Use the ultra lightweight AL can when you want something with better balance, or maybe on a lightweight polymer gun. Just clean it regularly and don't let the crap build up.

It's good to have options.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought one and am disappointed in it. The switchback and mask I already had before sound better to me and every bystander
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve shot my Oculus and Mustang back to back using my MKIV Tactical’s and to my ears the Mustang is a hair quieter.  My buddy couldn’t tell a difference though and said they sounded the same after shooting both

I have enough heavy duty 22 cans and now I prefer lightweight ones on my pistols. That’s why I decided to get 2 Mustang’s.  The aluminum baffles aren’t that big of a deal to clean.  I lightly coat them with welding anti splatter gel and most of the crud wipe right off when it’s time to clean them.

My Nyx Mod 1 was just approved yesterday and have only shot a mag through it and was impressed.   I’m already thinking of buying the Nyx Mod 2 which will be my 13th rimfire can.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I really want modular and light, nobody has a Q erector and a Oculus  to give me actual owner feedback?
Can I use a tumbler on aluminum baffles?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Modular and light: EA Nyx mod2
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have to agree. I would be looking at the nyx mod 2. If I ever get another 22 can this will be it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're not supposed to as you can supposedly damage the baffles but l did a few times with some aluminum baffles from an old HTA guardian can before I had nick at ecco upgrade it to SS baffles. I didn't notice any damage to them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got a Mustang and have shot it beside an Occulus. I could not hear a difference. You can find deals on the Mustang if you look around.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I really want modular and light, nobody has a Q erector and a Oculus  to give me actual owner feedback?
View Quote
It's funny, you don't hear much about the Q Erector vs other suppressors.

I'm also curious as to how they sound, FRP, etc.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey OP,
I just posted this in the deals section. I got an email from Bereli.

AAC Halcyon modular titanium 22 for $299 delivered @ Bereli
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#17]
whoops. double tap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#18]
From what I have read everybody seems to be happy with their Switchback.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From what I have read everybody seems to be happy with their Switchback.
View Quote

I've also been told that the Oculus is a VERY close second to the Mask.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Nyx
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have both and love both. Both sound great in the full size configurations, and they're fun in the short versions, but obviously louder. I also have a Rex MG22 pending, but I haven't shot it yet, but it seems like it will be on par with the Erector other than weight.

The Erector is dedicated to one bolt gun, so I don't have any issues cleaning it. I just soak them in Slip 2000 choke/piston cleaner like all my other suppressor parts and then scrub them clean with a brush. Never tried a tumbler/ultrasonic/soda blasting, etc.

I have several aluminum cans and I think the cleaning issues are really overblown, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have several aluminum cans and I think the cleaning issues are really overblown, IMO.
View Quote

Agree 100%. I’ve run aluminum baffles through a SS pin tumbler with zero noticeable issues.

At the end of the day, though, I’m not worried about getting my serviceable cans squeaky clean.  If anything, it seems like they sound a little better with some fouling in them.  With my rimfire cans, I break them down every 500-1000 rounds, scrape out the big chunks and put them back together. Aluminum is not an issue there, and the weight savings is noticeable.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I love my erector. It’s so lightweight it’s like there is no suppressor on the gun. Not a perfect can though. The baffles seem very delicate, but I’ve not had any issues with them. They thread on/off perfect everytime very well machined parts, a little oil on all the threads is a must if you want it to come apart easy. Put together too tight and you have issues disassembling it, too loose and it will loosen while shooting. You need to periodically check it while shooting because ime it will start to loosen up as it heats up.

It’s Very quiet, since it’s so light I don’t even bother with the shorter lengths very often. It pretty much never leaves the beretta 71

Cleaning - I’ve never bothered yet to fully clean it, it’s easy to disassemble and knock out any heavy build up if needed. I just keep the threads oiled.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I bought one and am disappointed in it. The switchback and mask I already had before sound better to me and every bystander
View Quote

Interesting
Granted those are two very high benchmarks
I should try to compare against my Spectre II
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Nyx Mod 2
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've also been told that the Oculus is a VERY close second to the Mask.
View Quote

Glad to hear that, because I went with the Oculus when I couldn’t find a Mask.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#29]
TAG

This is relevant to my interest, here for info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top