Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2020 3:59:05 AM EDT
Hello everyone,
I purchased a new to me FAL rifle last night and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it.
it has the following markings:

FMAP "DM" Rosario
Industria Argentina {all on the right side of the upper receiver}

F.S.L. Cal 7.62x51 mm {L.S.R. 308 WIN} Left side of upper receiver

Lower Marked as follows:

Safety selector marked with an S and an R

UE 65

A131712

What do I have, is it an import rifle?
I don't know much about FAL rifles, any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php

...is what you seek 'cept they were hacked a couple of days ago and aren't back up yet as of this posting...
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello everyone,
I purchased a new to me FAL rifle last night and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it.
it has the following markings:

FMAP "DM" Rosario
Industria Argentina {all on the right side of the upper receiver}

F.S.L. Cal 7.62x51 mm {L.S.R. 308 WIN} Left side of upper receiver

Lower Marked as follows:

Safety selector marked with an S and an R

UE 65

A131712

What do I have, is it an import rifle?
I don't know much about FAL rifles, any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

View Quote

You'd have to post some pics to be sure, but it's most likely a Franken-FAL built on an imported FMAP receiver and a demil parts kit. I've got one with the exact same  markings and close to the same serial, and it's not an original.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
YEAH we are gonna need pics.

Sounds like an L1A1 inch pattern lower.

Could be one of the old (pre 94 ban) Century built L1A1s using Brit L1A1 kit on metric
Argentine receiver.

You might have a nice little gem there.

But pics !!
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I can’t get pics to post on here so if anyone wants to shoot me a PM I’ll happily send you pictures to a phone or email. The rifle is Metric
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
See if you can load a pic from your phone.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can’t get pics to post on here so if anyone wants to shoot me a PM I’ll happily send you pictures to a phone or email. The rifle is Metric
View Quote

Only paid team members can host pics directly on the site. You'll need to host them on your google drive or some other photo sharing website and post links, or send them to a paid team member who can then direclty post them here for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
No importer markings on receiver or barrel? Look inside the right side of the mag well for a tiny stamp "SAC, LATTA, SC" (IIRC). If it's one of these they were imported during the beginning of the '89 import ban mess. The upper and lower halves were seperated to be sold through different outlets.

Your lower seems to be British. If it has the tall Brit rear sight and a metric frontit may be impossible to zero.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
For sure that lower is Inch Pattern English and Enfield I think.

We really need to see a pic.

OP, pony up for a membership and post a pic from your phone.

You either have a Franken-FAL or one of the somewhat valuable pre-ban L1A1s on the Argie receiver.

We'd love to help you sort her out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top