Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 6/6/2018 12:18:54 AM EDT
The guys in the retro section pointed me here to see if anyone can help identify what my BCG is from. I have an early 70s SP1 and it appears to have a BCG from a LMG upper. Can anyone help confirm this? Is there a way to tell if it's original or a modded M16 bolt?

Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe m231 firing port weapon part?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool!

Are you the original owner of the SP1, or could a previous owner have changed out the BCG?

It seems unlikely that Colt would send out an SP1 with this particular BCG, but who knows?

If there are no forward assist serrations, then it's likely to be an original LMG bolt carrier group, unless someone modded an early slickside BCG.

I imagine you could sell the open-bolt BCG to a Colt LMG owner (who uses the open-bolt fire control group) for a pretty penny.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top