Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2018 5:53:48 PM EDT
Sorry for my ignorance here, I've been handloading for over 20 years, and about 5 years ago a very good friend and shooting buddy decided he had little interest in handloading, but was fascinated by casting. We're a match made in heaven! Anyway, I'm messing with loads for a .45 LC, and back before he got into casting, my favorite cast bullet for the LC was a Bullet Meister 250 GN. RNFP. Right now, we have a ton of Keith style SWCs that he casted that we love, but they won't reliably feed in my Uberti 1860 Henry. The Bullet Meisters work great in this rifle, however. They have a rounded shoulder and perfect OAL. He told me instead of ordering more BM's, get a mold and he'll make me some. Well, I'm doing some research, and am looking for a mold that the seating groove gives me a good OAL (2.600") for this gun on a RNFP 250ish grain slug. I don't necessarily need to match the Bullet Meister one exactly, but pretty darned close would make me a happy feller.

Bullet Meister Bullet
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Something like this? 45-250J.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.magmaengineering.com/magma-custom-bullet-molds/

The 250 lrnfp described is fairy common of the massed produced older style, meant for commercial casting machines. A lot of differing company's used em.  If memory holds, the bevel base is for ease of bullet release from the mold.  Looks like they offer them for hand casters now.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/

This site was/is pretty much the word on bullet casting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I can vouch for the Lee 255gr. Before I got my 454424, it was all I used. It's a good mold, but I do prefer my SWCs over it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top