Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 6:50:36 PM EDT
I think I found a deal on a Ceradyne/MaxPro high cut helmet but before I commit I want to be sure I can fit rails to it.  Does anyone know what rails are compatible with it?  I've seen a few people stating the Revision Long rails will fit but I wanted to be sure before I commit.  It is not from this site but is this model.

Helmet
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd pass on a non standard helmet. You will never get a perfect fit for rails, suspensions, pads, or helmet covers. Those types of issues can be a real bear to work around. Just not worth the aggravation to save such a little amount of money vs. a high cut ACH.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like any other high cut ACH style helmet to me.  You shouldn't have much trouble with rails if that's the case. Ops-Core and Revision should both fit from the looks of it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
In addition to possible fit issues (just because it looks like an ACH does not mean it is) that helmet is not even fully Kevlar. It uses a combination of fiberglass and Kevlar. Thats a step down in the materials department too. I'd pass. Is it pre drilled for a mount? 1 hole, 3 hole? If its not drilled, thats a third reason to not buy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all for the insight.   That’s why I asked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top