Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 3:38:25 PM EDT
Looking to mount my MSA Sordin Pro X to my OPScore helmet.

Appears there's an even split of folks in the helmet picture thread using the Opscore AMP Arms with AXL RAC link and folks using the UNITY Mark and SARA tabs.

Price looks to be pretty close and my only prerequisite is being able to stow the ear pro on top of the helmet, and it looks like both systems can do this.

Has any one used both or migrated from one to the other ? I'd like to see what feedback yall have before I make a decision on which way to go, thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I found it easier to stow with the unity mark than now with my amp arms.

But amp arms win all the cool points and have a better seal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Amp Arms and the Rac Links over my old 3M adapters. Better seal and they dont snap open while im trying to shoot.

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Unity Marks can be quietly stowed/donned, which I found kinda nice for walking around checking feeders. The downside of them is that to adjust the up/down fit of the ear cup you have to trim the wire forms. You also don't want to leave them stowed in storage or you'll mess up your gel cups.

The AXL option gives you more adjustment for earcup fit - up/down as well as rotating the cup angle. They do pop in/out audibly. Again you probably don't want to leave them stowed long term smashing the gel cups against the helmet. You can flip them up and spread them apart for storage, which let's your helmet sit flat on the bottom of a box, etc. My favorite part of the AXL option may be how easy they are to completely remove from the helmet without tools.

Both options need to be occasionally checked for fastener tightness. The phillips heads on the AXL adapters tend to come loose, and the hex bolt on one side of the Mark adapters tends to loosen itself over the course of many storage rotations.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did a unity/ sara set up.  How are you guys routing the com wire?
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
This is somewhat relevant to my interests.

I have MARK/SARA now, but am thinking about going to the AMP Arms.

I run my cables through the helmet pads and TNVC Mohawk.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
After I tried in my buddy's Amps with the arms, I ordered my own and will be selling my Sordins (TCI Liberators) with SARA adapters after my Amps arrive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
For those using the AXL adapters on the Sordin with amp arms, did you cut the OEM steel wire form on the headset?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those using the AXL adapters on the Sordin with amp arms, did you cut the OEM steel wire form on the headset?
View Quote

No, you have to take the Sordins completely apart to get the wire forms off the pegs and then use the pegs to hold on the AXL adapters. Youll need some snap ring pliers or whatever they are called.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, you have to take the Sordins completely apart to get the wire forms off the pegs and then use the pegs to hold on the AXL adapters. Youll need some snap ring pliers or whatever they are called.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just go ahead and buy quality snap ring pliers. I bought cheapies the first time and I couldn’t make them work.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looking to mount my MSA Sordin Pro X to my OPScore helmet.

Appears there's an even split of folks in the helmet picture thread using the Opscore AMP Arms with AXL RAC link and folks using the UNITY Mark and SARA tabs.

Price looks to be pretty close and my only prerequisite is being able to stow the ear pro on top of the helmet, and it looks like both systems can do this.

Has any one used both or migrated from one to the other ? I'd like to see what feedback yall have before I make a decision on which way to go, thanks in advance!
View Quote

I have Sordins. I moved from Marks w/Saras to AMP arms with AXL RAC. I like the AMPs better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Will do, looks like I’ll basically follow the same instructions to install the sara kit.

Quoted:

Just go ahead and buy quality snap ring pliers. I bought cheapies the first time and I couldn’t make them work.

Appreciate it.

I have amps but I find it annoying to swap back and forth from headband to helmet. Not willing to spend another fortune for dedicated amps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top