Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 8:43:12 PM EDT
Well after several weeks of waiting and anticipation, my OpsCore Amps have finally arrived. I installed them on my helmet, and much to my dismay, neither of my lights allow them to function properly.

Currently setup: Team Wendy Exfil with 3.0 rails, Surefire Mini Scout IR mounted using the Thrym Variarc mount in the left side, and a Princeton Tec Charge MPLS mounted to the right side of the helmet. The right side (MPLS side) does not allow the AMP to fully rest on my ear because the battery compartment of the MPLS is in the way. Unfortunately, due to the design flaw of the mount, it can only be used on the right side. Additionally, because of how far out the Variarc has the Surefire, it does not allow the AMP to go into the stow position. Frankly, if I’m being honest, while the Variarc hasn’t let me down yet, it doesn’t feel stout. I can see it failing after consistent use.

Any help in remedying either problem would be of great help.

@TNVC any guidance on this?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I run these two:

Princeton Tec MPLS Switch
S&S Precision M-Ax

Low profile and lets my ear pro rotate out of the way without chewing up my gel ear cups.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same setup as you (TW 3.0, MPLS on right side, M340V on Thrym mount on left side, AMP arms + Sordins).  I think the execution of the mounts is what you need to tweak a little.  Do you have photos of your helmet setup?  Here is mine, and the slight tweaks that I have that allow the AMP arms to stow.  I took the included OpsCore mount, cut it, and drilled two holes for MLOK hardware and put it in the small TW mount slot.  This allowed me to get the MPLS high and tight.  Maybe the pro mount for your scout can get the light high and tight to the helmet and give your AMPs clearance for stowing?

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive had similar issues. My MPLS fix is similar to the one posted above by cutting up the prior mount. Still working on a way to run the x300v without fiddling fucking my AMPS every time I try to store them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
After lots of trial and error with nearly all manufacturers, this is my final version for lights on my Ops Core ballistic setup.

S&S M-Ax
Surefire HL1
Hel-star 6

Nice and tight to the helmet, reliable and all well made with almost infinite operating positions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top