Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2018 6:22:28 PM EDT
So I'm running a Ops Core Bump and I put a set of Peltors Comtac 3s on it. But I'm have trouble with the wire

how do you guys run your cables on your helmet? Under pads? On top of the helmet?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll find people do it both ways.

Inside helps protect the wire, but can be a pain snaking it through so it doesn't interfere with the suspension, and sometimes the wire might be too short if you want to stow the ear cups up on the outside of the helmet.

Outside is nice if you have a helmet cover or counter-weight pouch on the back to route the wires under to protect them.

My Revision helmet has a dial-adjust liner similar to the Ops-Core, and I run my Sordin's wire inside the helmet.  I have it lightly zip-tied to the part of the suspension with the dial on it on the back of my head.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll find people do it both ways.

Inside helps protect the wire, but can be a pain snaking it through so it doesn't interfere with the suspension, and sometimes the wire might be too short if you want to stow the ear cups up on the outside of the helmet.

Outside is nice if you have a helmet cover or counter-weight pouch on the back to route the wires under to protect them.

My Revision helmet has a dial-adjust liner similar to the Ops-Core, and I run my Sordin's wire inside the helmet.  I have it lightly zip-tied to the part of the suspension with the dial on it on the back of my head.
View Quote
Do you mind posting a pic?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure:

Link Posted: 4/13/2018 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, can't fins my old thread with the walker RAZORS but I ended up just going with a handheld though I did get them to work with my helmet. Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top