Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:52:33 AM EDT
Hi,

I'm a bit confused - new to doing this. I just got mine in the mail today. Does it matter which way the cones face? Also, can anyone recommend a good layout of the internal components?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't worry about any of that before you get a form 1 approved.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Super fucking helpful response.
I think that I speak for all of us here when I say thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think that I speak for all of us here when I say thanks for your valuable contribution to this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This isn't GD, nor did you provide any useful information yourself.

OP, assuming you have an approved form 1 in hand, the small side of the cone faces the shooter. I urge you to look at some build threads before you start, as once it is complete, legally you cannot add baffles or replace parts, legally.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, you'll need to provide some info, to more accurately answer the questions:
1. What type of firearm will this be used for
2. What caliber(s) do you intend to use this for
3. What type of ammunition (HV or SS) will this be used for
4. Do you have any size or weight constraints
5. Is budget a determining factor
6. What are your mechanical abilities, as this project will require more than average

As for baffle orientation

Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Layout as in blast baffle size, spacers, cone angle, etc?
The above post has a comprehensive photo for orientation

Caliber matters in this discussion
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Also last I heard, what the f1 would be used for, in this case, still isn't legal in IL. I know they are trying to change it, but don't think that it was passed yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi,

I'm a bit confused - new to doing this. I just got mine in the mail today. Does it matter which way the cones face? Also, can anyone recommend a good layout of the internal components?

Thanks!!
View Quote
Others have already stated that silencers, suppressors are not legal to sale, build  or own in the state of illinois. Owning a silencer in Illinois is a state crime. Building a silencer without an approved form 1 is a federal crime. I'm suggesting the op with the sovent trap become familiar with the state laws in whatever state he currently resides in.

There are several bills in the Illinois state legislature that will further restrict the ability to purchase a gun and also make it easier for firearm confiscation without due process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top