Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 5:40:22 PM EDT
website shows ATF seizure.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah... what’s up with that? I can’t find anymore details other than that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw it on facebook F1 page.  
this was posted there:
Attachment Attached File
I can't make anything, but I look and mentally plan for when I move.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to know. I wonder how many others will be shutdown.

Edit:  I think there may have been some holes drilled in their products
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Appears there were selling these with drilled baffles?

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If they had holes drilled in those, then they were IN FACT making silencers and silencer parts. No question, poor decision on their part.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they had holes drilled in those, then they were IN FACT making silencers and silencer parts. No question, poor decision on their part.
View Quote

no shit. that was dumb.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:56:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw it on facebook F1 page.  
this was posted there:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32438/f1_jpg-1906161.JPG

I can't make anything, but I look and mentally plan for when I move.
View Quote

I don't believe they stated that solvent traps are illegal now. They enforced a law as written.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Shit...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they were making solvent traps. How do you expect solvent to go from one chamber to the other? Without the end cap drilled, this can't reduce the sound of a gunshot, nor is it designed to. That, in and of itself, doesn't meet the definition of silencer. Neither does the fact they were designed and intended for another purpose, which also doesn't meet the definition of silencer.

This is ATF overreach, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, they were making solvent traps. How do you expect solvent to go from one chamber to the other? Without the end cap drilled, this can't reduce the sound of a gunshot, nor is it designed to. That, in and of itself, doesn't meet the definition of silencer. Neither does the fact they were designed and intended for another purpose, which also doesn't meet the definition of silencer.

This is ATF overreach, plain and simple.
View Quote

Maybe, but they'll now have to defend that position in a courtroom.

Unless they had a sample submitted to ATF and it was indeed ruled not a silencer.

The original "solvent traps" were just tubes and endcaps, one that would thread to a barrel and one solid.

Or they could have went the T/C way and submitted a form1 and later sued.

I am in agreement with ATF overreach, but sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze, and they are banking on it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#13]
1. Dumb call on their part
2. I feel safer already (eyeroll)
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]
@crazyelece
You're not wrong, but one shouldn't have to go to court or ask permission for something that clearly doesn't fit the definition.

HIT should hire the same attorney as the ebay monocore guy. I'd love to see the ATF prove their solvent trap reduced the sound of a gunshot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@crazyelece
You're not wrong, but one shouldn't have to go to court or ask permission for something that clearly doesn't fit the definition.

HIT should hire the same attorney as the ebay monocore guy. I'd love to see the ATF prove their solvent trap reduced the sound of a gunshot.
View Quote

That's what you get when the guys that enforce the rules are the same who interpret them.

Whatever they say goes, until a judge bitch slaps them back to their corner.

It would be nice if the gov agencies had to pay the legal fees for any court cases lost, this has helped tremendously in state level firearms law defense and reforms.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
ATF seems to be going after any outfit offering kits.

At this time, manufacturers of tubes, cap, cups, mounts, etc. sold individually seem to be safe as long as there's not a kit configuration, but that could easily change.

I think the solvent trap/filter/condiment makers & sellers would do well to coordinate/collaborate amongst themselves so that no one of them individually supplies all of the components that would be modified and used in a can.   The industry is in the crosshairs, and we have a particularly gun-unfriendly ATF now with directives from above to do anything within their scope to cripple the firearms industry from top to bottom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top