Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2022 12:07:47 PM EDT
Good Morning,
Would love to pick up an x95. But most sources quote  3-4 moa groups at 100 yards. That is a no go for me.

I have read some newer production models being more like 2moa. If that’s true - I would pick one up.

Does anyone have a newer production x95 that could provide their accuracy at 100 yards?

Does it matter if it is the 16” or 18.5 barrel?

I know that barrel length should not affect accuracy but my recollection seems to suggest that 18.5 were getting better groups (no idea why).

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good Morning,
Would love to pick up an x95. But most sources quote  3-4 moa groups at 100 yards. That is a no go for me.

I have read some newer production models being more like 2moa. If that’s true - I would pick one up.

Does anyone have a newer production x95 that could provide their accuracy at 100 yards?

I know that barrel length should not affect accuracy but my recollection seems to suggest that 18.5 were getting better groups (no idea why).

Thank you!
View Quote

I’ve had two of the post 2020 and both shot 2.5” or better with wolf gold, I know of several other newer ones that have similar accuracy as mine.

This is from my last outing , it’s not a sub moa gun but is definitely an improvement over my early X95s

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine definitely prefers heavier ammunition.

About the best I've gotten is 1 inch groups at 50 yards. I'm content with that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I get consistent 3.5-4" groups at 200 yards with my mid-2019 production X95. My last year of production SAR groups slightly better, but not remarkably so.

Both definitely group worse with 62 grain, but I think that's a common effect of the SS109 projectile.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I was running a Burris AR-332 (3X) on a X95.
I was hitting a steel silhouette off a rest (barrel) at 400yrds.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is about 2 MOA. I think I got it around 2020. It's the 18.5 inch barrel. I don't know if they might have different accuracy standards depending on barrel length.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
It'd be nice to know what the issue was, since the X95 is based on the Tavor, which is an 1.5" to 2" rifle, while the X95 was inconsistent between 2" and 5" from gun to gun and day to day.

I always got irritated by the pissing contests and butthurt over it, I just want a straight answer on what was causing the inconsistency, and what to expect from a $1600 rifle; if IWI was going to fix it, or leave it as is and call it a CQB gun. I don't see any reason why the X95 should be less consistent than the Tavor, but last I checked, the IWI rep got butthurt over that question rather than answer it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good Morning,

Thank you!
View Quote

The Optimus hand guard allows the barrel to essentially free float. This drops groups to 1.25-1.5 on my x95
The rail sells for about $100, a good trigger helps as well
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

... the X95 was inconsistent between 2" and 5" from gun to gun and day to day.

View Quote

I’ve read things like this a lot. Or something like ‘several good shots and a flier.’ Can someone explain how this is even possible without being user induced?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Factory barrel has a polymer stabilizer that supports the hand guard
This, when barrel warms up, creates the flyers

Remove the hand guard support
Gun will shoot more consistently and accurately
However, hand guard will be weak and unsupported
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve shot 4 post 2020 X95 All have been 2.5moa gun or better, no flyers and none had the rings removed. My early X95s were 4-5 moa with or without the rings. The rings float in the HG & bbl at least on my newer x95s don’t have the older ones anymore . They  have a few mm of play in every direction. If you’re bbl shifts enough to make a pressure point from contact you are going to be stringing a few moa anyway. I don’t know what all was tweaked when they updated the gas/recoil system but It seems improved the accuracy newer X95s I’ve had experience with.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve shot 4 post 2020 X95 All have been 2.5moa gun or better, no flyers and none had the rings removed. My early X95s were 4-5 moa with or without the rings. The rings float in the HG & bbl at least on my newer x95s don’t have the older ones anymore . They  have a few mm of play in every direction. If you’re bbl shifts enough to make a pressure point from contact you are going to be stringing a few moa anyway. I don’t know what all was tweaked when they updated the gas/recoil system but It seems improved the accuracy newer X95s I’ve had experience with.
View Quote

Interesting line of thought. Here I was thinking the barrel contact with the handguard was the flyer issue
I’ll admit, I installed the Optimus before I even shot mine

Thanks for your insight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top