Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2018 9:16:50 AM EDT
Have any of you guys purchased anything from D3LLC (Desert Design & Development)?

If so, who did you buy it from?  Direct from the manufacturer from a reseller?

I really want to get their 9mm 4SD integrally suppressed AR15 barrel for an AR pistol that I might SBR later. I know I can order it direct from them, but I was just wondering if there are any resellers that can do better than MSRP.

https://www.d3llc.com/suppressors
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve never bought from them, but I was looking at them pretty hard and went with a different brand. If you want some pricing I would call Capital Armory.  They are listed as a dealer for D3llc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a cool concept that I was interested in a while back but I don't know why you'd limit yourself on this setup. If you wanted a true integral 9mm setup then I'd look at the MP5SD. It's going to be a much better platform to shoot on than a blowback 9mm AR.

If you're like me an can't give up the AR ergos then look at something like the CMMG Guard. It's a delayed blowback system so it's much softer shooting than traditional 9mm and can take advantage of traditional 9mm muzzle mounted cans with what I believe to be no compromise in performance.

Just my unsolicited .02
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a cool concept that I was interested in a while back but I don't know why you'd limit yourself on this setup. If you wanted a true integral 9mm setup then I'd look at the MP5SD. It's going to be a much better platform to shoot on than a blowback 9mm AR.

If you're like me an can't give up the AR ergos then look at something like the CMMG Guard. It's a delayed blowback system so it's much softer shooting than traditional 9mm and can take advantage of traditional 9mm muzzle mounted cans with what I believe to be no compromise in performance.

Just my unsolicited .02
View Quote
I'm just looking for a really quiet way to get AR practice in on my backyard range without the neighbors calling the cops about the noise.  I'm legal and the cops are always cool, but I just hate hassling everyone.

I am second guessing the D3 solution though. It's cool, but very expensive for what it is when even just the integral barrel is $1200 alone.

I'm going to rethink this and just try to find the quietest can / barrel length combo for a 9mm AR pistol/sbr.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm just looking for a really quiet way to get AR practice in on my backyard range without the neighbors calling the cops about the noise.  I'm legal and the cops are always cool, but I just hate hassling everyone.

I am second guessing the D3 solution though. It's cool, but very expensive for what it is when even just the integral barrel is $1200 alone.

I'm going to rethink this and just try to find the quietest can / barrel length combo for a 9mm AR pistol/sbr.

Thanks guys
View Quote
I'm in the middle of a rebuild on my 9mm SBR. I went with CMMG's barrel/bolt combo as it is much smoother than traditional 9mm blowback setups. Far less bolt and buffer mass moving around which means a lighter recoil impulse. Right not though I think it's only compatible with Glock style lowers though there are guys tinkering with Colt pattern.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product/barrel-and-bcg-kit-8-4140cm-sbn-9mm/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Thoughts-on-the-CMMG-Guard-/15-713060/
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone had mentioned the MP5-SD above: D3 also makes their own MP5-SDs that blow TPM and others out of the water.  That being said I own the 9SD AR set up and it is without question the quietest centerfire setup I have tried (the difference between the MP5SD and the D3 9SD are negligible to my ears).

Full disclosure: the owner is a friend of mine.  However, I receive ZERO financial benefits/incentives from him so this is just my opinion.  I know he prefers to have people go through his resellers but I can talk to him about a direct sale.  It certainly isn't the cheapest set up of all time and even if you don't buy a complete rifle I can't recommend enough at least grabbing the ported barrel and suppressor combo.

It is definitely one of my absolute favorite guns to shoot and if you go with them you won't be disappointed!  
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Someone had mentioned the MP5-SD above: D3 also makes their own MP5-SDs that blow TPM and others out of the water.  That being said I own the 9SD AR set up and it is without question the quietest centerfire setup I have tried (the difference between the MP5SD and the D3 9SD are negligible to my ears).

Full disclosure: the owner is a friend of mine.  However, I receive ZERO financial benefits/incentives from him so this is just my opinion.  I know he prefers to have people go through his resellers but I can talk to him about a direct sale.  It certainly isn't the cheapest set up of all time and even if you don't buy a complete rifle I can't recommend enough at least grabbing the ported barrel and suppressor combo.

It is definitely one of my absolute favorite guns to shoot and if you go with them you won't be disappointed!  
View Quote
Tell us more about it being better than a TPM SD
@blazintheamazin
@chase45
@goloud
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Chicks dig the D39SD

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

More pics on my IG @goldsgunsgirls
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tell us more about it being better than a TPM SD
@blazintheamazin
@chase45
@goloud
View Quote
Shot a D3 at SHOT last year.  Quality guns. Good people too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top