Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 9:10:27 AM EDT
Getting real tired of trying to track down a field stock and / or collapsible stock for my M4.  It hit me the other night... what if I made my own field stock for it?  Or is there a custom stock maker out there anyone can recommend? I think it would give it a trench gun like look especially if I slap on a heat shield on the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You don't like the pistol grip stock?

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't like the pistol grip stock?

View Quote

The length of pull is retarded.  Yeah I could cut it down but I honestly hate the look of it.  I think the collapsible stock would suite be best but I’m not about to drop $600-800 for that.  So that leaves me to the field stock which is harder to find (unless someone wants to trade with me)
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]
these people maybe able to help you

best shotgun stock maker in the world
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn just found a field stock for $250.  FO’d.  Still going to make a wood stock though or get one made
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I don't care. Wood stock M4 would be very cool! Do it. I too prefer the field stock far more to the pistol grip. I still feel like the LOP on the field stock is longer than it needs to be. I keep meaning to cut mine down, but the wood stock idea would be fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I cut mine down and it only cost me for a new Pachmayer recoil pad.
Here's instructions on how I took 2" off the stock on the left: https://imgur.com/a/E215mzm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top