Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/31/2023 8:54:21 PM EDT
I believe they have been shipping for a little while now but haven't seen any reviews on them. I'm very curious to see how it compares in performance to the new 7.62 Flow.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
bumping to OST. I intend to buy one of these in about a month.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got one in jail, maybe 10-15rds thru it. There is a difference in blowback, but I didn’t use a gassy host, so not a real “trial” I need to try it with my Tavor and other gassy hosts.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve got one in jail, maybe 10-15rds thru it. There is a difference in blowback, but I didn’t use a gassy host, so not a real “trial” I need to try it with my Tavor and other gassy hosts.
View Quote

If you have an opportunity to try it on an AR host that normally runs unsuppressed, I’ll be very interested in hearing more of your opinion. (Read that in a positive tone)

Also I found this (Source) on the interwebs:
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump as i just purchased one Monday. now the long wait.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish this had HUB threads. I’d buy one right now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Tempted to grab one of these. It’s a bit of a fat can and a slight bit heavy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wish this had HUB threads. I’d buy one right now.
View Quote

i would say buy this, but i have no idea what the hell im looking at:

https://www.eccomachine.net/product/charlie-saker-to-1-375-24-bravo-adapter/

maybe ecco can explain? im not sure where there are two female ends. shouldnt there be a male and female end?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

maybe ecco can explain? im not sure where there are two female ends. shouldnt there be a male and female end?
View Quote

I'm not a SiCO expert but this picture seems to help.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not a SiCO expert but this picture seems to help.
View Quote

thank you. i had assumed alpha, bravo, and charlie were all female threads. it would appear that charlie is a male thread?

interesting. as you can see ive had 0 experience with the alpha and charlie threads.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Charlie rocks.  Seems SiCo agrees, as almost everything new coming out from them is Charlie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m good. I’ll just get something else. I don’t like stacking adapters/extensions on a can.

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 2:16:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried the velos lbp and the huxwrx flow 556k at cancon.  Take this with a grain of salt since they were on different ar15s and about 30 min apart. The flow 556k was lighter, had less back pressure, and seemed equal or marginally quieter to me.   I'm a lefty so I definitely notice gas more than others with the ejection port in front of my face.   I have a flow 556k pending.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I tried the velos lbp and the huxwrx flow 556k at cancon.  Take this with a grain of salt since they were on different ar15s and about 30 min apart. The flow 556k was lighter, had less back pressure, and seemed equal or marginally quieter to me.   I'm a lefty so I definitely notice gas more than others with the ejection port in front of my face.   I have a flow 556k pending.
View Quote

Was the difference in gas to the face substantial? I’m also a lefty and I bought a velos.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]
…and I couldn’t resist.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Pulled the proverbial trigger last night; added a couple accessories to get the BOGO Omega 300.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I saw that they fixed some of the issues with their GDCH charge handles. I bought a few of them to try, along with some endcaps n stuff.

I think I’ll have 2 O300s coming to me for this BOGO event. Already have an O300, so don’t really care when or if the 2 BOGO ones ever show up.

But dang, not real happy about the 8-10mo wait on the 3 others I have coming.

The wait SUCKS. Thanks tyrannical guv.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Was the difference in gas to the face substantial? I’m also a lefty and I bought a velos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The velos was definitely better than traditional suppressors but I still did feel a bit of blowback from the ejection port. It was very minimal. What really sold me on the 556k was that I shot it on two occasions and could not detect any gas either time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Shot a velos today. And its about what I expected from sico:

Observations:
-it is a touch gassy-er than the flow 556k. But still very manageable being a lefty shooting indoors.
-it sounded okay indoors. It was on a 11.5 5.56 so its not gonna be quiet.
-this thing is pretty god damn big (and heavy). This was probably the biggest turn off.
-it can be repaired via the traditional method of hacking the stack off and rewelding on.
-the stack itself is the only 3d printed part.
-for as large as this thing is, id like it to be quiet-er. Or make it the same performance in a smaller package.

Other notes:
-theyre coming out with a new mounting system soon. I won't share details but I saw it and I dont think its going to be all that great. Its nothing special (its about as basic as it can get).
-they will be announcing/releasing another can at some point later this year, but he wouldn't give me details.

I'm sure sico will sell a bunch with their BOGO (I don't think this can would be as popular without the BOGO). That being said if I HAD to choose a "low back pressure" can, id probably go with the flow. Sico just seems way too behind the times. I really wanted to like this can and it be a better performer than it was.

Edit:
Here's a blast baffle pic, forgot to include earlier. Its a demo can so she's seen some use.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Velos 556 vs Flow 762 Ti isn't a valid comparison.   For 5.56, the Velos blows the Flow 762 Ti out of the water... but you're stacking the deck.  

The Flow series is best for supersonic projectiles, ideally on gas guns, of the appropriate caliber.  So for a Flow 762 Ti, a SCAR 17 will full power loads will be a good match.  300 Blackout subs, or 5.56 will not.  

View Quote

I may be misunderstanding something, but the Flow 7.62 did impressively well on the Mk18 on Pew. Only a little worse than the Flow 5.56k at the ear and substantially better than the Flow 5.56k at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#21]
That pretty much matches my experience. One other thing to add is that huxwrx said they now have the technology to rebuild the 3d cans.

Quoted:
Shot a velos today. And its about what I expected from sico:

Observations:
-it is a touch gassy-er than the flow 556k. But still very manageable being a lefty shooting indoors.
-it sounded okay indoors. It was on a 11.5 5.56 so its not gonna be quiet.
-this thing is pretty god damn big (and heavy). This was probably the biggest turn off.
-it can be repaired via the traditional method of hacking the stack off and rewelding on.
-the stack itself is the only 3d printed part.
-for as large as this thing is, id like it to be quiet-er. Or make it the same performance in a smaller package.

Other notes:
-theyre coming out with a new mounting system soon. I won't share details but I saw it and I dont think its going to be all that great. Its nothing special (its about as basic as it can get).
-they will be announcing/releasing another can at some point later this year, but he wouldn't give me details.

I'm sure sico will sell a bunch with their BOGO (I don't think this can would be as popular without the BOGO). That being said if I HAD to choose a "low back pressure" can, id probably go with the flow. Sico just seems way too behind the times. I really wanted to like this can and it be a better performer than it was.

Edit:
Here's a blast baffle pic, forgot to include earlier. Its a demo can so she's seen some use.
https://i.ibb.co/LPvr901/20230620-144550.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have this and it works great. I use it when I want to suppress an A2 FH equipped rifle with the Griffin adapter. I have been switching over from ASR to Rearden Atlas over the past month which means I only need the adapter for the A2 mount.

On the suppressor, I am seriously thinking about it in about two months.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Just know that everybody that's reviewed / used the Velos has had enormous positivity behind their findings - especially the sound and volume.

So, grain of salt on some of this banter in this thread.  I'll have my own thoughts in about 8 months.  :)
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's interesting with 8 baffles in the can, it would seem like they should be sounding better than a Flow 556K. That hoplon baffle can really hurt a design though and the Sakers with hoplons kind of showed people that.  I was really surprised how thin all the material in the Velos is for a can marketed to be super durable.  It seemed like the marketing videos were implying that the can will glow red in ~60 rounds of auto fire. I just got a Flow 556K in for a week, and we designed the Recce 5K that is in production, and we exceeded performance of the Flow 556K by 5DB muzzle, ~2.5DB ear A weighted, in a package .200" longer mounted system length, .100" smaller diameter, and one ounce heavier, but supported with mounts 1.4 ounces lighter before getting to titanium mounts, making these cans pretty comparable in everything but cost where our can will be approximately half the cost.  Those two cans sound different- the Flow 556K sounding markedly more harsh, but not as bad as the larger 556 Helix HXQD in my opinion, so I feel like they improved on the Helix HX QD.  

The Flow 556K peak metered ~143DBA and muzzle was 145DBA, and I didn't shoot it without ear protection, because it didn't sound ear safe, and the meter said it wasn't ear safe.  We were also running the Recce 5K on the 2.25" stealth flash suppressor (to compare what the two companies call flash suppressors), and the flow 556K flash suppressor has a baffle like a brake which should help the suppressor perform for flash and sound.

The flow performed better than I expected in muzzle flash, and that was where we had more trouble in development.  We eventually developed a totally kick ass flash suppressor system that has no flash after the first round, whereas the flow has very low flash after the first round.  
View Quote

Is the Recce 5k different than the Recce 5? I have not heard of it and did not see anything on your website about the 5k.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was really surprised how thin all the material in the Velos is for a can marketed to be super durable.  It seemed like the marketing videos were implying that the can will glow red in ~60 rounds of auto fire. I just got a Flow 556K in for a week, and we designed the Recce 5K that is in production, and we exceeded performance of the Flow 556K by 5DB muzzle, ~2.5DB ear A weighted, in a package .200" longer mounted system length, .100" smaller diameter, and one ounce heavier, but supported with mounts 1.4 ounces lighter before getting to titanium mounts, making these cans pretty comparable in everything but cost where our can will be approximately half the cost.  Those two cans sound different- the Flow 556K sounding markedly more harsh, but not as bad as the larger 556 Helix HXQD in my opinion, so I feel like they improved on the Helix HX QD.  
View Quote

the sico rep said because of the material used, it will heat up (and cool down faster), i dont know if we was just referring to stainless cans or what. we skipped over it pretty quick. i put about 15 rounds through it pretty rapid and it immediately got too hot to touch.

thats awesome to see that others can replicate and improve performance on a similarly sized package as the flow 55k and sierra 5. these two cans are popular in the 5.56 world and they are much smaller than a velos (which is probably my main gripe with this can). the recce 5k sounds rad.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]
So the Recce 5k is going into production?
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#29]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah the Recce 5K is a new can, designed to give people something that actually performs as well as the hype around the Flow 556K, for half the price.  It's probably not going to be marketed by influencers though, because we don't know that many of those.  We would like to know some more, because customers would be well served to have better performing cans for something like half the price.  

If you know any influencers who can send their terms, we will consider any media influencers.
View Quote

Sounds very cool. I’m glad you are continuing to develop the Plan A lineup. The Dual Lok and HRT seem like awesome products but came along about when I had just swapped to the Plan A system for most of my centerfire needs, and I don’t want a hodgepodge of different systems.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#34]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Plan-A / Taper is awesome.  It just works :) And it works amazingly well.

Only room for improvement I see is a Titanium version, to drop an ounce or two. Not sure if that works the same way as your titanium muzzle devices from a heat, use perspective, but I’d be in for 9 of them right now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#36]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#38]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#39]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#41]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#43]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:41:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:49:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Further review requested given accusations and claims made without corroboration.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Removing the problem posts and reopening for on-topic discussion
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Blast baffle pic, used, stolen from @Mesooohoppy here.

Blast baffle pic, new, mine:

Business end with cap removed, new, mine: lots of texture visible there, and it looks like it uses a pretty typical baffle design and clip.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]
From a dealer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwampYankeeArms/comments/14jqum0/video_comparisons_of_silencerco_velos_lbp_and_hux/

I filmed these quick videos mainly to compare the back pressure induced by these silencers. The Velos was mounted on a factory Daniel Defense Mk18 upper (10.3” barrel) with a Vltor A5H2 buffer and Sprinco green spring. The Hux cans were mounted on an identical setup except for having a lighter weight DD rail.

The Velos is definitely gassier than any of the Hux cans, but it also sounds the most like a traditional can (quieter at the muzzle). Second quietest at the muzzle was the Flow 762 Ti, which even with the crappy iPhone microphone, sounds less “boomy” than the other Hux cans.

Watching how much gas came out of the ejection port with the Velos, I’d like to do a follow up comparison of it against the CGS SCI Six and Surefire 556 RC2… that might be the more appropriate comparison. This can is certainly less gassy than a Saker 556 or 556k, but those are known to be very high back pressure designs — you basically can't get more gassy than them.

Also in these videos, something very few people have ever seen me do — fire an unsuppressed AR ?? and bonus SCAR 17 13” SBR footage with the Flow 762 Ti.

https://imgur.com/a/AGtZ0Pf
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top