Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2023 11:15:08 PM EDT
My NFA trust is notarized, but transfer of ownership as set up by my attorney is just a signature page.  I used this to transfer all of my suppressors in the past, and had no issues with approval.  I transferred ownership of the brace weapons using same transfer form and prior to 1/31.  I am now hearing that unless the transfer of ownership is notarized, ATF will reject.  Makes no sense since the legal requirement per the attorney that set up the trust only had the trust itself notarized and not the transfer of ownership.  ATF has not been terribly clear on this.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you submitted prior to 1/31, they’re going to want ‘proof’ the Trudt owned it prior.

What ‘proof’ ? Who knows, they’re making this up as they go along.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I submitted my first free Form 1 on the ATF's website on February 21st 2023, under the pistol brace rule using my gun trust.  I then submitted a couple more free Form 1's to register some more AR pistols using my gun trust during the first week of March.  I mailed all my fingerprints using priority mail.  The attorney I used to create my gun trust wrote me an amendment for my trust which transferd all of my AR rifles and AR pistols into my trust.  I signed it and had it notarized prior to the January 31st deadline.  I uploaded this amendment on the ATF's website along with my gun trust and photos.  All were approved today, April 21st.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I applied for my second group of AR pistols, and one AK pistol under the pistol brace rule for free registration on April 14th.  I also used my gun trust for these free Form 1 registrations.  I submitted paper fingerprints by USPS Priority Mail.  They were all approved today (April 25th, 2023).  They were approved by the same examiner that approved my first group of AR pistols on April 21st.
Is 11 days a record?!
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wandell:
I applied for my second group of AR pistols, and one AK pistol under the pistol brace rule for free registration on April 14th.  I also used my gun trust for these free Form 1 registrations.  I submitted paper fingerprints by USPS Priority Mail.  They were all approved today (April 25th, 2023).  They were approved by the same examiner that approved my first group of AR pistols on April 21st.
Is 11 days a record?!
View Quote

For these? Heck yeah that’s a record!!

I swear, they do this sort of stuff just to mess with us. Mine was submitted 2/4… crickets. Others have been submitted before mine, also crickets, then some are two weeks or less!

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
3/18 - submitted Form 1 brace/SBR

Trust with 1 RP and non- notarized inventory sheet , eft file for prints

5/16 - approved
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Johnnymenudo:
My NFA trust is notarized, but transfer of ownership as set up by my attorney is just a signature page.  I used this to transfer all of my suppressors in the past, and had no issues with approval.  I transferred ownership of the brace weapons using same transfer form and prior to 1/31.  I am now hearing that unless the transfer of ownership is notarized, ATF will reject.  Makes no sense since the legal requirement per the attorney that set up the trust only had the trust itself notarized and not the transfer of ownership.  ATF has not been terribly clear on this.
View Quote

I’m in the same boat as you. When using the e-file site, it says the assignment sheet must be notarized. I don’t want to risk them rejecting my applications, so I won’t be using my trust.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

I’m in the same boat as you. When using the e-file site, it says the assignment sheet must be notarized. I don’t want to risk them rejecting my applications, so I won’t be using my trust.
View Quote

I posted above you that my assignment sheet was not notarized and mine was appprved.   If you read the brace ruling FAQ they say it's "generally" notarized, doesn't say it's mandatory.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By captexas:
I posted above you that my assignment sheet was not notarized and mine was appprved.   If you read the brace ruling FAQ they say it's "generally" notarized, doesn't say it's mandatory.  
View Quote

Thank you, I missed that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top