User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/5/2021 11:36:52 PM EDT
Thoughts? Pictures?

These
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
No, but I bought a sheet of the material from the company that produces it and made my own.  Wrapped a holster while I was at it

Not perfect but does the job
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I put some on my RNVGs. They're pretty neat.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Just did my MOD-3B and COTI this morning and super impressed with the design of the cutouts - they wrap perfectly around all the profiles on the units. Stickers feel like they're solid quality and I'm definitely a happy customer. PVS-30 is next.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know a seller that had the anvis wraps in stock?

Everything I found was oos
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just did my MOD-3B and COTI this morning and super impressed with the design of the cutouts - they wrap perfectly around all the profiles on the units. Stickers feel like they're solid quality and I'm definitely a happy customer. PVS-30 is next.

https://i.imgur.com/72jTfabh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ROM8w8jh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/huYkHH7.gif
View Quote

That looks hot
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/72jTfabh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ROM8w8jh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/huYkHH7.gif
View Quote

That looks great. Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Figured i would give them a shot on my rnvgs, i like them

nods4 by Jacob Brightman, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't know these were a thing.

This thread convinced me to try 'em out.

Ordered a M81 set for my '14.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Just 'wrap'ped up with the pvs-30. Left on the tan paint I had done it with a while back, so you can see how the M81 compares on top of tan versus on black with the goggles.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just 'wrap'ped up with the pvs-30. Left on the tan paint I had done it with a while back, so you can see how the M81 compares on top of tan versus on black with the goggles.

https://i.imgur.com/TtHcYAq.jpg
View Quote

oh damn, that tan paint under the wraps are sick.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/TtHcYAq.jpg
View Quote

Your MOD3s and PVS-30 look awesome in M81
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually completely forgot I had a set sitting on top of the safe for my DTNVGs lol.

Guess I'll be slapping that on this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm a rattle can guy myself personally, but these are pretty slick if you're a little leery of breaking out the spray paint for your NVGs.

TNVC is a master distributor for them, and we have them available now!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Nocorium-Vinyl-Night-Vision-Camouflage-Wraps-Available-Now-from-TNVC-/209-298094/?

~Augee
View Quote

Cool idea ! And from a Master Distributor no less.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#17]
That coti wrap is sexy...do want
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks OP.  ordered a set for when my PVS14 comes in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know where to get the MOD-3B wrap and COTI wrap?  I need to do mine but I'm either dumb or I can't find them for sale at any of the authorized distributors.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to get the MOD-3B wrap and COTI wrap?  I need to do mine but I'm either dumb or I can't find them for sale at any of the authorized distributors.
View Quote

The guy that makes them (Alex) sold me mine directly. He said there weren't any distributors that wanted to carry the MOD-3 skins, so maybe just keep an eye on his website or reach out directly. There's two versions of the bridge and a third older one that AB offers upgrades from (in addition to the manual vs auto-gain pods), so it's a little bit of a messier system than the others.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, but I bought a sheet of the material from the company that produces it and made my own.  Wrapped a holster while I was at it

Not perfect but does the job
View Quote

Link please :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It looks shiny, or at least non-matte/flat.

Is it shiny and does it reflect IR any?
View Quote

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/11/06/nvg-vinyl-wrap/

i2 pics look fairly non reflective to me
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#24]
i need dat coti wrap
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it me or does the Multicsm look faded and crap?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#26]
I need one for my BNVDs. Not sure which one would come closest, maybe the PVS15?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Is there a fun-ctional porpoise I’m missing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is there a fun-ctional porpoise I’m missing?
View Quote

Camouflage

Even under I2, all black items pop pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Camouflage

View Quote

In 500 words or less, explain a time when LilMac needed his NODs to be camo-ed. Show your work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Cause it looks badass and why not?

I'm with Augee. I prefer rattle can.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

In 500 words or less, explain a time when LilMac needed his NODs to be camo-ed. Show your work.
View Quote

Why do you have a camouflage helmet?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Camouflage

In 500 words or less, tell me why ThisWildAdventure “needs” NOD. Show your work.

A. Mine are not camo-ed because I’m too cheap to buy and too scared to paint.
B. What the fuck does “need” have to do with it?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In 500 words or less, tell me why ThisWildAdventure “needs” NOD. Show your work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To see in the dark.

Quoted:

Because I thought it looked cool. Look, it’s fine if y’all grab these because they’re cool. But c’mon with the “they hide my vis sig” nonsense.

See? Honesty. Can always count on you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just ordered MC from Steele Industries.

Would always like to default to TNVC, personally, but Steele was the only dude with ANVIS stocked.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Definitely needed MC for my 14, not sure how I could show face larping without it before.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:07:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I really dig them. Very easy and forgiving g to apply. Need to get my hands on one of the COTI ones.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Cloth tape...........
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#38]
cloth tape...........
spray paint............

or both.....................
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#39]
doubled up -
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
cloth tape...........
spray paint............

or both.....................
View Quote

$25 is a small price to pay to not have to tag up a $10,000 goggle. These greatly help to preserve resale value. You can also swap out camo patterns on the fly if you want.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I really dig them. Very easy and forgiving g to apply. Need to get my hands on one of the COTI ones.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/460535/4FB80E22-0B15-46E4-B89F-A604CF364049_jpe-1789257.JPG
View Quote

+1

ANVIS-6 with the "uparmor" on the bridge. Had to use a scalpel and dental pick to get it around the additional structure on the bridge, but it worked out fine and dandy. Just need patience... the Nocorium wraps are extremely forgiving and you can easily unpeel them with no degradation of the adhesive if you need to adjust placement.

Attachment Attached File

-TBL
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#42]
How easy to take off and reapply are they?

If I remove them will it be difficult to remove the glue or whatever that keeps them on the NV unit?

I take it that the cloth has lower IR reflection and lower thermal heat retention than the plain plastic housing, correct?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If I remove them will it be difficult to remove the glue or whatever that keeps them on the NV unit?

I take it that the cloth has lower IR reflection and lower thermal heat retention than the plain plastic housing, correct?

View Quote

I’ve had to completely remove them to collimate a set of binos. If you’re careful you can just put them back on how you did the first time. They stretch a little bit but they’re not difficult to remove and put back on. I just cleaned the eyepiece rings and re-applied them. I haven’t noticed any adverse effects of doing this. This was on a DTNVG.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1

ANVIS-6 with the "uparmor" on the bridge. Had to use a scalpel and dental pick to get it around the additional structure on the bridge, but it worked out fine and dandy. Just need patience... the Nocorium wraps are extremely forgiving and you can easily unpeel them with no degradation of the adhesive if you need to adjust placement.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/329319/IMG_2382_JPG-1789682.JPG

-TBL
View Quote

That’s hella fresh. I have a RNVG set that I’m going to combine with an ANVIS set when they come back in stock to put on an ANVIS RNVG
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Any idea where to buy one for a pvs-30?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m not sure if Nocorium still cuts the cloth wrap. AFAIK he is mostly vinyl. But the adhesive used doesn’t leave any type of residue that I know of (so far). I think he claims it will remain that way too, but time will tell. I believe him though.  

Quoted:

That’s hella fresh. I have a RNVG set that I’m going to combine with an ANVIS set when they come back in stock to put on an ANVIS RNVG
View Quote

Thanks; I need a RNVG housing my life soon. When you say combine, I assume you mean you’ll use the wrap for the RNVG housing? Do the RNVG Nocorium’s not come with a wrap for ANVIS optics?

Need to let the finances cool off for a bit, but RNVG will come to me in due time ????.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:45:06 AM EDT
[#47]
@SGT-Fish

Nocorium Wraps
Anvis Nocorium Wraps in Stock.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Any idea where to buy one for a pvs-30?  
View Quote

PM the guy on Facebook through one of the NV sales groups.  Just got my PVS-30 wrap from him the other day.

@Black-X
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Another PVS-30.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, I wrapped my 14s and was very happy how the Nocorium wraps turned out.

I was so happy with them I decided I wanted to wrap some other gear they don’t offer wraps for. So I ordered some vinyl wrap from Amazon and started cutting and wrapping. My handwork certainly isn’t up to Nocorium’s standard but I’m happy with how the DBAL came out.  

I’m anxious to see how the Amazon wrap holds up, but if it doesn’t all I’m out is a few bucks and some time.  I’m going to wrap an Aimpoint M4s next and then try the REAP-IR.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top