Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2018 11:51:56 AM EDT
I'm going to be filling out paperwork for a TPM 12" SD silencer tomorrow, and using the SilencerShop kiosk to SBR the host gun that the TPM can is going to be used on. It's an Omega SD, from Atlantic Firearms. I was curious if anyone had SBRed one of these, and what they listed for overall length, since it was purchased as a barreled receiver, with a 5.75" ported barrel, no suppressor, and no stock or arm brace, all of which will affect the length. My Omega SD now has an arm brace (only until the stamp comes in). Should I measure the OAL with the Arm brace and suppressor installed? What do you folks think?

I appreciate your insights,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No but tag for outcome, thought about the same project many times.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks BigWaylon.

The arm brace is actually a folder, very similar to the B&T folder for the MP-5. Should I measure it with the stock/arm brace folded closed or open? Also, should I measure it with the integral silencer installed? You really can't shoot one of these without the can.

Thanks again,

Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Copy that.

Thanks BigWaylon!

Mike
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd just use HK's specs for the MP5SD and be done with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top