Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 4:43:48 PM EDT
I have been watching the usual websites daily for months and haven’t seen primers in stock.  I know people are selling old stock on bidding sites.   Has anyone here actually seen newly manufactured primers in stock recently?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I was able to get 1000 small pistol from Midway within the last two weeks, premium price though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have. Scheels have them occasionally. Only CCI though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  I got primers locally this year so far in January & again in March.  Very little selection & limits on amount you can buy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was able to get 2,000 Federal #200 spm's from my local LGS two weeks ago.

They also had some CCI #500 spp's but I was 20 minutes to late to get them.

They were the only primers they had received in months and they are a very large distributor of firearms & reloading supplies.

On a side note they were only $53 per 1K.  I paid $62 last November at a different store for 1K Winchester spp.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was able to get 1000 small pistol from Midway within the last two weeks, premium price though.
View Quote

I saw their new prices.  By the time you pay hazmat & shipping its the better part of $100
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
2K of small rifle primers from a local place about a month ago. Red box Winchester but on the pricey side.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone been having any issues with newer primers?

I got 10K CCI 41s last year sometime and Ive had enough failures to fire that I was coming here to ask if anyone else has noticed this too.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought 1k on 2 separate trips to Cabelas last month and passed on them being there 2 other times
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Found some Federal Gold Medal Match Small Rifle primers today at Bass Pro.

I've been seeing them at our academy once a month as well but with a 2 (100) pack limit.  SRP, SPP, LRP, and LPP
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got 10K CCI 41s last year sometime and Ive had enough failures to fire that I was coming here to ask if anyone else has noticed this too.

View Quote
I got a case last year, but they went to the back of the stash as I try to rotate stock. You have a lot #?

@chase45
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I scored 1000 CCI Small rifle magnums from Midway last week.
It was a total chance thing.
By the time I called my dad to let him know they were already gone...
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I got 5K Winchester $41's from Graf's last month.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have noticed the Win LRP red box seem to be fitting loose in most primer Pockets where the Blue box Federal and older blue box Wn LRP fit tight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Sportsman's Warehouse near me periodically has primers in stock. They limit to one sleeve per purchase so it's not really helping deepen the stash much.

I also got 1000 Win 209 primers from Powder Valley not long ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Found some at BPS, Scheels locally last month or so (several times at BPS)...  I missed one big drop at scheels they say they got “several hundred thousand” few weeks ago.

Grabbed some LRPs at Natchez late March and scored a few of the recent Midway drops.

They’re out there but you gotta work at it, stalking the “team availability” thread works (you need email subscription notifications and to be QUICK.  Yamahawarrior89 has a line on everything that comes into stock and posts shit daily.

Look alive around 8-9am for most places.  Midway has been staggering out the availability and I believe trying to fight the bots.  They’ll show in stock, but can’t add to cart.  Then 10-15 mins later they’ll be available (either them delaying or adding more quantity).
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]
System Message
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top