Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2022 2:56:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard of anyone specifically doing this, but i don't see why it wouldn't work. May be worth while to poke around on Grog's DD forum. I have seen posts on there from the last few years of folks tinkering with mortars.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I think there’s going to be a balancing act between print times and durability. Less infill, faster print times, more fragile. Also, anything printed is gonna be really light compared to a metal projo. I would think printing something that could be filled with something (birdshot, sand, etc) to add weight would be beneficial, especially trying to set off the nose mounted blank…
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Weren’t people using aluminum beer bottles for mortar rounds for a while? I imagine it would be pretty cheap to 3d print heads and tail fins for those.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 2:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: User55645] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ben:Ideally we would find someone with a 3d printer that can do metal, otherwise adding sand for weight would be worthwhile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ben:Ideally we would find someone with a 3d printer that can do metal, otherwise adding sand for weight would be worthwhile.

Just buy the trainers available. They'll be much cheaper than having ones printed and cured/sintered.

Originally Posted By Landsat8:
Weren’t people using aluminum beer bottles for mortar rounds for a while? I imagine it would be pretty cheap to 3d print heads and tail fins for those.

Yup, filled w/ concrete.
There are plans out there for the base/socket/fins
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top