Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2021 12:30:50 PM EDT
I saw an archived post about straight 20rd mags from 2019, and followed the links, which were all dead.  I cannot find Original Equipment magazines or their manufacturer anywhere on the interwebs, either.  

I recently bought a Mini-14 for my son, and am working on making it as close to my M1A as possible.  Straight 20rd mags are a must.  I intend on posting pictures of it once it is complete.

Has anyone tried adapting 6.8 mags to fit?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
CDNN used to sell them but I haven't seen any in awhile.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope lost them in the boating accident
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PSA link

Brownells link   1 left
View Quote
Those are good for ARs, not so much for mini 14s.

OP, I bought my OE straight mags from CDNN.  Each time I bought them they seemed to be a different part number/previous links were still dead, despite them being in stock.  I don't know if that was just a hyperlink thing or what.

Best I can suggest is to keep looking every so often.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a few of those.   They work but factory mags work better.  A couple of mine were a very tight fit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]
A guy sold some on the EE here last year for like triple what CDNN sold them for in 2019. Yes, I got one and yes he sold out the same day. Haven’t seen any since
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I havent seen any since the last time CDNN had them.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#8]
LGS near me has a bunch of various straight 20 round magazines for 5.56, 300 BO, and other cartridges..mostly magpul and lancer brand.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LGS near me has a bunch of various straight 20 round magazines for 5.56, 300 BO, and other cartridges..mostly magpul and lancer brand.
View Quote
AFAIK, neither Magpul nor Lancer make Mini14 mags yet.

But I would love to be proven wrong, I love me some Lancer mags
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered one 6.8mm mag, which is straight, and will see how that fits/can be modified.  I will write to CDNN, but won't be holding my breath.  Other options are to weld two 10rd mags together, or to print a 20rd straight mag.  The latter would be the cheaper route, for sure.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ordered one 6.8mm mag, which is straight, and will see how that fits/can be modified.  I will write to CDNN, but won't be holding my breath.  Other options are to weld two 10rd mags together, or to print a 20rd straight mag.  The latter would be the cheaper route, for sure.
View Quote
If you figure out a way to print a straight 20 round mag that works, I might be willing to pay you for a few (depending on price)
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how long has it been since Magpul made straight 20's?  Dude's LGS must be in a time warp...
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Not seeing Mini-14 straight 20 round magazines at link.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Last batch of OE Mini mags from CDNN I remember seeing was back in 2019 as well, based on previous threads in other forums they seemed to pop up once or twice a year and sell out in a month or two, so I don’t think they were made in big numbers.

I think they’ll eventually be back but CDNN doesn’t do a waiting/back order list so you’ll either be checking CDNN once a week or watch the forums for a ‘They’re Back In Stock!’ thread and hope you’re not the 50th person to catch the thread. Or put up a Wanted ad on the EE...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top