Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
5/18/2018 7:39:40 PM
Posted: 5/12/2018 12:56:48 PM EDT
Looking for a handheld IR laser pointer to put on my knee board. Under ANVIS 6 we sometimes need target/hlz designation for SA. We have aircrew laser pointers that wrap around a finger and the back of our hands, but they’re uncomfortable and bulky.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a handheld laser pointer I can use in IR config only that would fit my needs?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:20:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:57:31 PM EDT
IZLID if you have the means (ability) to source one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:24:04 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stefbo:
IZLID if you have the means (ability) to source one.
View Quote
You mean a light sabre?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 11:40:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

Is this for a military application where you can get access to purpose-designed restricted equipment through your supply chain? Or are you looking for an "off the shelf" civilian/commercial unit?

Lots of purpose built, high power pointer options, e.g., from B. E. Meyers if you're looking for military/LE units.

~Augee
View Quote
Looking for something to purchase myself. We have the issued aircrew laser pointers, but just isn’t as practical as I would like.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:54:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:30:51 PM EDT
As far as IR laser pointers go, try picking up a cheap Chinese $5 green laser pointer. Remove the lens and then use a small screwdriver to pop off the vanadate/KTP crystal assembly (small C shaped brass piece held in place with a dab of epoxy). Replace the lens and you've got a ~100mW IR (808nm) pointer. Be careful with the finished product!
Link Posted: Today 12:00:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By txdx:
As far as IR laser pointers go, try picking up a cheap Chinese $5 green laser pointer. Remove the lens and then use a small screwdriver to pop off the vanadate/KTP crystal assembly (small C shaped brass piece held in place with a dab of epoxy). Replace the lens and you've got a ~100mW IR (808nm) pointer. Be careful with the finished product!
View Quote
Link?
Top Top