Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 9:53:38 PM EDT
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a member that did a build on one of these some years back? I may be thinking of a different forum. Anyway, I think I am about to try and get started on my build if anyone has any pointers. I'll try and add info as I go along.

Here's a thread about these I found on this site https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Complete_M4_survival_rifle_blueprints/123-363791/

Finally found the build thread
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/HandR_M4_Survival_Rifle_build/14-459102/
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Several years back I stumbled upon a cut stock with what appeared to be a complete bolt. Attachment Attached File

Upon inspection, the firing pin is broken, but having a lot of the parts already, hopefully makes things go smoother. I am going to order material for the receiver this week and will probably make 2 incase I bumble one up.

This may take me a little while to do as I still have a month of hunting left. The biggest hurdles will be the receiver, barrel and how to make the firing pin. I will probably thread the barrel for a suppressor also.

I am also tempted to deviate on the stock design. I was thinking maybe a side folder along the lines of one of the Sig MPX/MCX. Any thoughts? I would like to be able to get cheek weld on the stock and do not know how the wire stock would be for cheek weld. Also thought about mounting an RMR.

ETA that I have a set of prints for this rifle and that Sarco and Numrich seem to have a few parts for the rifle. I need to take inventory and see what small parts I will need to make and what I can potentially buy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s pretty neat. Just getting into parts kit builds with my son. That would be a neat one to do
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s pretty neat. Just getting into parts kit builds with my son. That would be a neat one to do
View Quote

What are you working on?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
A pps52
A cetme c
And reactivating a 1903A3 drill rifle. And they are all in various stages of being done
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#5]
This might be of service to you.

M4 drawngs
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This might be of service to you.

M4 drawngs
View Quote

I have found the drawings, but thank you. It may help out someone else along the way.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A pps52
A cetme c
And reactivating a 1903A3 drill rifle. And they are all in various stages of being done
View Quote

You should do some build threads for us. I have looked at the cetme a time or 2 over the years. Maybe I'll look back into them after I get this rifle done.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I'll have to renew my lapsed membership to upload some pics, but you spurned me to make some progress on my M4 build: reamed the chamber, indexed the barrel, headspaced it, drilled the retainer bolt blind hole and machined the extractor slot in the barrel face. I also had some aluminum picatinny rail blank that I radiuses to drilled and tapped to fit the receiver. I'm going with a compact scope since I've had zero luck trying to find the Lyman peep sights. Also that front sight post is a bitch to make.

Hope to test fire it and zero that scope someone this month.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You should do some build threads for us. I have looked at the cetme a time or 2 over the years. Maybe I'll look back into them after I get this rifle done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A pps52
A cetme c

I will do that. I slipped and broke my leg so my projects are all on hold. Figures a barrel I have been waiting on is finally back in stock
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess I'll have to renew my lapsed membership to upload some pics, but you spurned me to make some progress on my M4 build: reamed the chamber, indexed the barrel, headspaced it, drilled the retainer bolt blind hole and machined the extractor slot in the barrel face. I also had some aluminum picatinny rail blank that I radiuses to drilled and tapped to fit the receiver. I'm going with a compact scope since I've had zero luck trying to find the Lyman peep sights. Also that front sight post is a bitch to make.

Hope to test fire it and zero that scope someone this month.
View Quote

I picked up some material to make front sights. 5 pieces to be exact. If you were set on a set of irons, I could probably ship you one. I was trying to get material locally but I got the run around. I'll have to order it from McMaster. Making a little progress on picking up small parts and making solid renderings for better interpretation.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Novak spud sold a stock like the M4 that fit a Marlins 22lr. Might still have some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top