Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2018 2:52:32 PM EDT
Do they exist?

Have not been looking but for a few weeks but can't find one for sale.

In fact searching for pics of left handed SBE's on the google I can't even find a picture of one.

Has anyone here ever had a confirmed sighting?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure about lefties. There is an early Benelli left handed 1 on the broker. I know my brother ordered an M1s90 in lefty
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Right, I see that one.  It is not an HK import.  Google says that the HK imports stopped around 1999.

Here is a little more information.

This is a pre1999 HK RH.  On ejection side it starts with HK. And import city is Sterling, VA. Benelli is not inscribed on ejection side but is on opposite side.

This is a post 1999 RH.  Ejection side starts with Benelli.  Import city is Accokeek, MD.  Benelli is also on opposite side.

This is a post 1999 LH.  Ejection side starts with Benelli.  Import city is Accokeek, MD.  Benelli is also on opposite side.

Triangular trigger is a sign of post 1999 but round safety does not guarantee pre 1999 as seen in middle picture.

I have seen LH HK Super 90 imports but am looking for 3.5"

Thanks for everyone's assistance!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw one for $950 about two years ago, went quick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a left hand M2.  Didn't even hesitate to buy it, cause I never see them.  It's the only real left handed gun I own.

Def never seen an SBE left hand in the wild.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I read early non HK marked guns are configured the same internally as the early guns. There was a transitional period. Are you wanting it to be HK marked ? Are you wanting the triangular safety ? I think those were sold by an aftermarket company.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I read early non HK marked guns are configured the same internally as the early guns. There was a transitional period. Are you wanting it to be HK marked ? Are you wanting the triangular safety ? I think those were sold by an aftermarket company.
View Quote
Yes there was a transitional period for at least the RH SBE 1's.  Or at least I consider the ones made with round safety but lack HK marking to be transitional.  Internals on those are the same as final version of SBE 1's "triangular safety".

I'm pretty sure the triangular safety is factory.

I have 2 HK marked SBE's.  IMHO, that no one asked for, these are the best waterfowl shotguns available.  You can still find them with very little wear and tear for less that 1k on a regular basis on GB.

I am looking for 1 for a south paw friend of mine.  He wants to upgrade from his BPS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm also under the impression the triangular safety is factory.

The only weak area of the original SBE is the ejector housing. Because it is held in the receiver by 2 set screws pressing against the receiver wall, they can loosen and start to back out from the recoil. Then they will extrude metal from around the dimples they used to rest snugly against.

If caught early enough, this can be corrected with new set screws and LocTite, but too much damage will require weld buildup of the receiver wall.

Always keep an eye on this, and if any looseness is felt, go ahead and replace both screws and add LocTite. Cheap insurance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
All LH Benellis are the same as the RH guns except for the ejection port location. The bolt release, all internals, and the cartridge drop lever are all on the right side of the gun. The safeties are reversible on all models also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top