Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 4:36:39 PM EDT
Alright Nvision, you have forced me to prepare for a financial exodus. I hope you're happy.

Anybody visited Nvision's Facebook lately? This is going to be revolutionary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
In...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
N-Vision did it. This one has everything. Finally...

Oh and the price for everything is a cool $10,000
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Fill in a brother who doesn’t have Facebook. What is this awesome new piece of kit?!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah it's a no from me, dawg.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I could find, apparently the image quality is on par with the Halo LR, but there's been an improvement in the lens, 35 or 50mm, utilizing rechargable batteries, USB-C connection, LRF as an option if you're into that, audio and video recording, BAE core (no confirmation on sensor).

My first thought was these motherfuckers just cost me some money. Will be patiently waiting until March.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
For the life of me I cannot figure out why N-vision didn’t upgrade the near eye display resolution or try out a manual focus (like the NOX).

A lot of new thermals are at least 1024 on the display and color is an added bonus....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Question -- Why would someone get a NOX 35 over the newly announced Halo X35? Would it be only if they wanted the option to helmet mount? Seems like the 35 is too big to function as a practical helmet mounted option IMO.  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question -- Why would someone get a NOX 35 over the newly announced Halo X35? Would it be only if they wanted the option to helmet mount? Seems like the 35 is too big to function as a practical helmet mounted option IMO.  Am I missing something?
View Quote
Helmet mountable vs internal recording. Having the dilemma myself.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Helmet mountable vs internal recording. Having the dilemma myself.
View Quote

Another big difference is the NOX has a manual focus, whereas the Halo X has fixed focus.  If it was primarily going to be used as a weapon mounted scope, would fixed be preferred over manual?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think it's a trade-off between size/weight/cost and functionality. Nox 35 works extremely well as a scanner and some people successfully used it helmet-mounted. The Nox 35 is a good small weapon sight but the Halo-X35 may be better for dedicated weapon mounted use due to ergonomic considerations (larger buttons located on the top vs left side), fixed focus, and added features, such as integrated video recording.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it's a trade-off between size/weight/cost and functionality. Nox 35 works extremely well as a scanner and some people successfully used it helmet-mounted. The Nox 35 is a good small weapon sight but the Halo-X35 may be better for dedicated weapon mounted use due to ergonomic considerations (larger buttons located on the top vs left side), fixed focus, and added features, such as integrated video recording.

When has fixed focus ever been better than manual ?

I’d buy a Halo-X If it had manual focus and higher res screen
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#12]
@N-VisionOptics any plans to sell a version of this without the LRF?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Halo-X35 does not have the LRF.  Halo-X50 does not have the LRF.  Only the Halo-XRF comes with the LRF.  I think we'll have to make a separate post going over different configurations because it appears that they may be confusing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@N-VisionOptics any plans to sell a version of this without the LRF?

The Halo-X35 does not have the LRF.  Halo-X50 does not have the LRF.  Only the Halo-XRF comes with the LRF.  I think we'll have to make a separate post going over different configurations because it appears that they may be confusing.

Awesome thank you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone know how much the Halo X35 weighs?  N-vision website only shows 1 weight, and I'm assuming its for the X50.

Also, is "Zoom Sensitive Zeroing" a new feature to the Halo X?  Or did the older Halo's have this as well?  Does the Nox 18/35 have this feature?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone know how much the Halo X35 weighs?  N-vision website only shows 1 weight, and I'm assuming its for the X50.

Also, is "Zoom Sensitive Zeroing" a new feature to the Halo X?  Or did the older Halo's have this as well?  Does the Nox 18/35 have this feature?
View Quote
Zoom sensitive zeroing is in their Halo X and Nox lineup. The regular halo and Halo LR are not that way. Halo is 2" adjustments at every zoom level and Halo LR is 1". This is one reason I like my IR Hunter bc you can get a really fine tune zero.

Damn good to hear they implemented this feature in the new scopes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Here are the Halo-X35 numbers:

Dimensions: 8.6" x 3.6" x 3.4"
Weight: 35.5 oz with batteries.

I hope this helps.
View Quote

Y’all straight up kick ass. I’m voting for you for president in next election cycle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top