Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2020 12:35:23 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has experience with 10 and 20rd mags.

Guessing the 10rd is to small but wondering how the 20s are?

Going to buy some 10/20s or 10/30s and need help deciding which to get.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
20s work fine with them. Still enough sticks out to grab easily.

Why would you bother with a 10 round mag?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I took a couple of 20s with me Coyote hunting over the weekend.
I slapped a few Magpul Ranger plates on them for the day.  Made pulling them outta my cargo pockets easier.
I did not use a plate carrier or any type of vest, but I know they help with pulling them outta those too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Esstac shortys would probably work better, plus they have fewer parts to snag on shit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a fan of HSGI Taco magazine pouches, I have them and don't use them anymore.  They're an okay option if you run a belt and run a lot of different weapon systems with different magazines, but they don't re-index well.  I'm a fan of re-indexing (i.e. placing the magazine back in the pouch rather than placing it into a dump pouch) and the HSGI just don't hold open well enough for me to do that with ease.  If you like administrative reloads and re-indexing HSGI probably aren't for you.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Behind enemy lines. 10 is the limit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I took a couple of 20s with me Coyote hunting over the weekend.
I slapped a few Magpul Ranger plates on them for the day.  Made pulling them outta my cargo pockets easier.
I did not use a plate carrier or any type of vest, but I know they help with pulling them outta those too.
View Quote

Not a bad idea. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Esstac shortys would probably work better, plus they have fewer parts to snag on shit.
View Quote

This is the way.

But the HSGI Duty Tacos are slick -- no bungees and other shit hanging off.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of HSGI Taco magazine pouches, I have them and don't use them anymore.  They're an okay option if you run a belt and run a lot of different weapon systems with different magazines, but they don't re-index well.  I'm a fan of re-indexing (i.e. placing the magazine back in the pouch rather than placing it into a dump pouch) and the HSGI just don't hold open well enough for me to do that with ease.  If you like administrative reloads and re-indexing HSGI probably aren't for you.  

View Quote

Not a bad point. I don’t have a belt set up or a dump pouch. I’m pretty much using the gear I have from OEF circa 2010s.

Originally I wanted the Tacos because when they are empty they would crush downs nd be slimmer(the original version looked that way but not the current one)

Ended up getting double deckers and will see how they work out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn’t really aware of these but damn their version of the double decker is pretty slick... perhaps I need about her chest rig... one for the range and one for TEOTWAWKI...
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.acslpa.org/Firearms_-_Hunting_Legis_/0515_Hunting_with_an_AR-Platform-Rifle.pdf
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.acslpa.org/Firearms_-_Hunting_Legis_/0515_Hunting_with_an_AR-Platform-Rifle.pdf
View Quote

Que?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top