Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2022 1:15:08 PM EDT
Which HK21 / 23 host manufacturer is the best?

Ives heard of MM, TSC
http://www.tscmachine.com/index.html
http://www.michaelsmachines.com/

Founds this via google
https://www.beltfedinc.com/

Asking for a friend who just bought a pair of Fleming Sears, so I don’t think price is really an issue. He’s looking for the best quality and genuine parts

Really don’t know much about the HK family of firearms so any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If you’re looking for a factory build I’d go with RDTS Ralph or TSC.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike Woodard of TSC won't take any more belt-fed work per my conversations with him over the past couple of years.

Mike W. has been trying to get through the last of the belt-fed builds he has had in the work queue for the past probably 2+ years.  Once those guns are finished up he doesn't plan on taking any more belt fed builds so you can probably scratch TSC off the list.

I am not 100% sure of the status of Terry Dyer but when I reached out to him a couple years back about a build he would never respond back but it doesn't hurt to try.

The only three folks I believe that are left that have any significant commercial HK belt fed building experience would be Ralph Sr. at RDTS, Mike Otte at Michaels Machine, and Carlos at BPP.

Most of the guns RDTS has built in the past are the older gen HK21s with the welded on feed mech housing but I have seen a small handful of German E guns built by RDTS pop up over the years.  I have never seen a RDTS clone E gun before though.

Mike Otte at MM will do both clone and German parts builds.

I have never seen a Carlos/BPP German based E gun before but he does do US clone builds.

Your buddies first decision is does he want a German gun or a US clone gun.

If money is no object than he should just buy this gun from Ruben at call it a day.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/hk-21e-23e-registered-receiver-a032707pmc/

It will save him probably a couple years worth of  time and aggravation trying to source a complete set of HK E German parts (which are close to unobtanium now-a-days) and then another year (or more) waiting for the gun to actually be built once he sources the parts.   That registered receiver gun Ruben has will also allow him to run the factory E configuration without the non-factory mods required to the full-auto E gun's bolts, carriers, and trigger pack in order to make an HK E gun work with a conversion sear.

The only thing this gun seems to be missing from that gun is the factory HK23E bolt head as it is using a TSC modified HK93/33 bolt head so the gun can run full round rollers in 5.56 vs. the factory 23E bolt head which uses the half moon rollers.

If he wants a clone build than MM or BPP are really your only options.  MM has probably built 20 times the number of E guns BPP has built based off the numbers I have seen in the wild and for sale in the secondary market.  Both outfits have their champions and detractors.

Good luck
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice I will pass it along. Sounds like TSC is out. He’s bought from Ruben before so it might be a good idea for him reach out to him to see what he can find.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My MM has been great - just built on a PTR receiver.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#6]
(Meant to edit and add to original post) I did have a problem when I first received it with the 1200m sight alignment.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you’re looking for a factory build I’d go with RDTS Ralph or TSC.
View Quote

Is Ralph still around?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is Ralph still around?
View Quote

Yes he is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top