Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2020 11:45:21 AM EDT
Been doing some reading on the GSG page, and Google.  Could not find the final outcome/settlement.  I even see where GSG found out that HK didn't really have the right to sue since the design was based of the CETME. So back in 2014, they went after HK.  Anyone know the outcome of this?

So this has me wondering if this is why PTR insists on welding on the top rail of the 9C and 9CT?  Just a CYA  that changes features??
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

So this has me wondering if this is why PTR insists on welding on the top rail of the 9C and 9CT?  Just a CYA  that changes features??
View Quote

PTR also does not put the triple tower sling loop on the CT but puts one on the KT. Just the opposite of HK.
Also their "Navy" lower style marking are on the opposite side. Keeping in line with that different but similar track.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think on any of the guns the patents would have expired by now.  AR15 manufactures are not being sued by Colt (anymore)
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think on any of the guns the patents would have expired by now.  AR15 manufactures are not being sued by Colt (anymore)
View Quote
Patent expired a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I was part of a company that got sued back then.

It was a trademark issue, not a patent issue.

They dropped the suits when companies promised not to mention HK and MP5 in reference to their clone product.

At least that is my recollection.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was part of a company that got sued back then.

It was a trademark issue, not a patent issue.

They dropped the suits when companies promised not to mention HK and MP5 in reference to their clone product.

At least that is my recollection.
View Quote
That makes sense.  Kind of like when Shelby tried suing all the Cobra kit car companies for the basic shape of the car, that he never designed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That makes sense.  Kind of like when Shelby tried suing all the Cobra kit car companies for the basic shape of the car, that he never designed.
View Quote
I wonder if this is partially why the PSA project looks like crap now and more resembles the GSG non-HK looking guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top